Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2011, 04:11 PM

Re: comedians

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Thank you Mags.
You're welcome
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2011, 04:11 PM

I liked Dick Emery
Margaret
Somerset
Margaret is female  Margaret has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2011, 04:18 PM

I saw Tommy Cooper on stage quite a few times and met and chatted with him socially. In real life he was quite quiet and an extreme hypochondriac. In our job, we met and photographed lots of the 'stars' of the 70s/80s and most were very quiet off stage. The funniest person we ever saw was Dave Allen on stage. He made your ribs hurt so much Jethro still appears on our local Playhouse and I find him very funny. Ken Dodd on stage is absolutely hilarious....he never stops, you don't leave the theatre 'til after 12pm. I like Michael McIntyre's sense of hunour and I can visualise the situations he talks about - especially the bus route in the snow one. He does not use bad language either. We visited Scotland to stay with friends and in the car we played a Billy Connolly cassette (as it was then in the old days!!!!). Our friend laughed so much, we had to stop the car
and he fell into a bush laughing. He strained several rib muscles and had to have a week off work
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2011, 04:30 PM

Dick Emery was another great comedian, as well as The Two Ronnies and Les Dawson. We always enjoyed watching them whenever they were on TV. I can't really think of many newer ones who I would make a point of watching these days. Perhaps Lee Mack, he's good.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2011, 07:18 PM

We used to sit on the stairs on Sunday afternoon with the radio on and listened to all the comedy, those were the days.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2011, 07:33 PM

Meg25 darlin' - yes Dave Allen was absolutely hilarious: www.youtube.com/watch?v=hipigscYXIM
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2011, 11:09 PM

Billy Connolly and Dave Allen always gave me a good laugh, the way they take everyday life, break it down to the silly things that concern us so much and make fun of it, we all do stupid things everyday, maybe not silly to ourselves but comical or stupid to others. I recently went up to the local wearing my slippers and it was only when I sat at the bar and heard the laughter behind me I looked down and my face went scarlet.
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2011, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
Billy Connolly and Dave Allen always gave me a good laugh, the way they take everyday life, break it down to the silly things that concern us so much and make fun of it, we all do stupid things everyday, maybe not silly to ourselves but comical or stupid to others. I recently went up to the local wearing my slippers and it was only when I sat at the bar and heard the laughter behind me I looked down and my face went scarlet.
Aww, aren't people cruel......you could've had an injury that prevented you from wearing shoes Just goes to show how folk take notice of the footwear though.

Did you have your pipe with you as well
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2011, 11:24 PM

Oh yes Berxer, I never forget my pipe and my pouch of St. Bruno.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2011, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
I recently went up to the local wearing my slippers and it was only when I sat at the bar and heard the laughter behind me I looked down and my face went scarlet.
Are you sure you didn't wear your slippers so that your dear wife wouldn't hear you coming home late from the pub, Jem?

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top