Join for free
Page 21 of 50 « First < 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 10:23 AM

Re: Greta Thunberg ... again

It takes me back to the days of good old Sting saving the rain forest. Where is he btw? The rain forest needs him more than ever now.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Sadly lacking by some posters on here.
What’s funny in old men mocking a child ?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
What’s funny in old men mocking a child ?
Everyone who chooses to put themselves into the public eye are a legitimate target for humour. According to some, 16 is hardly a child (only when it suits them).
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 02:37 PM

Because she has the facial structure typical of the Saami people and where the girl originates from I consider that taking the piss is out of her appearance is blatantly racist.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Because she has the facial structure typical of the Saami people and where the girl originates from I consider that taking the piss is out of her appearance is blatantly racist.
I'm sure if she wasn't scowling she might be quite pleasant looking.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 04:11 PM

I normally can't abide Jeremy Clarkson, but an article he wrote in yesterday's paper made me think.
He starts off replying to her outburst saying we had stolen her dreams and her childhood and the "How dare you bit."

Here he goes, judge for yourselves:

" How dare we? No. How dare you sail to America on a carbon fibre yacht that you didn't build which cost £15 million, that you didn't earn, and which has a back-up diesel engine that you didn't mention.

"I'm sorry Ms Thunberg, but if you're going to lay into my generation, you must accet it when I lay into you and yours.
What about the pills you take when you have a headache?
What about the clean water that comes out of your tap?
What about the food you can buy at any time of the day or night?
No 16 year old was responsible for any of that.

"Wha about the aid missions currently being run in some of the poorest countries of the world, or the drugs that help keep Aids at bay?

"Think about all the movies you've enjoyed. Movies made by grown-ups, and all the comediens who have made you laugh.
And then pause for a moment to consider how soundly you sleep at night, knowing that adults are building and servicing and flying Sweden's fighter planes to keep you safe.

"We gave you mobile phones, laptops and the internet.
We created the social media you use every day and we run the banks that pay for it all.

" So how dare you stand there and lecture us, you spoilt brat."

Then he finishes up by saying . . .

" I agree with you that the world is heating up. You may even be right that man has something to do with it. And there is no doubt that the deserts eat into currently habitable places in Africa and the Middle East.
Europe will face an unimaginable refugee crisis.
Something needs to be done about that.
"So how's this for an idea. Get back to school as quickly as possible and work hard in your science lectures. Because science is what will solve the problem eventually, not scowling and having the screaming ab-dabs every five minutes.

"Many thousands of people who you had the temerity to blame this week are trying to do exactly what you want."

I'll leave that with you to think about.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I normally can't abide Jeremy Clarkson, but an article he wrote in yesterday's paper made me think.
He starts off replying to her outburst saying we had stolen her dreams and her childhood and the "How dare you bit."

Here he goes, judge for yourselves:

" How dare we? No. How dare you sail to America on a carbon fibre yacht that you didn't build which cost £15 million, that you didn't earn, and which has a back-up diesel engine that you didn't mention.

"I'm sorry Ms Thunberg, but if you're going to lay into my generation, you must accet it when I lay into you and yours.
What about the pills you take when you have a headache?
What about the clean water that comes out of your tap?
What about the food you can buy at any time of the day or night?
No 16 year old was responsible for any of that.

"Wha about the aid missions currently being run in some of the poorest countries of the world, or the drugs that help keep Aids at bay?

"Think about all the movies you've enjoyed. Movies made by grown-ups, and all the comediens who have made you laugh.
And then pause for a moment to consider how soundly you sleep at night, knowing that adults are building and servicing and flying Sweden's fighter planes to keep you safe.

"We gave you mobile phones, laptops and the internet.
We created the social media you use every day and we run the banks that pay for it all.

" So how dare you stand there and lecture us, you spoilt brat."

Then he finishes up by saying . . .

" I agree with you that the world is heating up. You may even be right that man has something to do with it. And there is no doubt that the deserts eat into currently habitable places in Africa and the Middle East.
Europe will face an unimaginable refugee crisis.
Something needs to be done about that.
"So how's this for an idea. Get back to school as quickly as possible and work hard in your science lectures. Because science is what will solve the problem eventually, not scowling and having the screaming ab-dabs every five minutes.

"Many thousands of people who you had the temerity to blame this week are trying to do exactly what you want."

I'll leave that with you to think about.
Well said, Mr Clarkson.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 05:05 PM

What was done and achieved in the past is one thing. However there have been some dreadful costs

What is taking place today in the knowledge of the terrible environmental damage that is being caused is an entirely different matter.

Clarkson is a supercilious boorish oik.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 05:12 PM

I totally agree.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
What was done and achieved in the past is one thing. However there have been some dreadful costs

What is taking place today in the knowledge of the terrible environmental damage that is being caused is an entirely different matter.

Clarkson is a supercilious boorish oik.

Why’s that? Because he doesn’t say, what you want to hear?

At least he tells it, like it is!

Page 21 of 50 « First < 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top