Join for free
Page 9 of 50 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2019, 11:39 AM

Re: Greta Thunberg ... again

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
It may be a drop in the ocean where you're from but not in my region. Fossil fuel power stations closing down, wind farms and solar power everywhere, recycling waste is now the norm, smart meters for energy and I myself only use public transport to get around. Never flown anywhere, never driven a car. I don't need some smug, mouthy kid who has a face like a bulldog eating a thistle to tell me what I should be doing.

Last time I checked I had a future on this planet too, by the way.
Why be an ageists and use unpleasant rude name calling ? Hardly the way forward.
Yes the U.K. has made a start.
There needs to be a complete change in lifestyle that includes diet ,travel and how we heat our homes that’s just the beginning .
As I mentioned it’s their future not ours .
I’m open minded and willing to listen I’m not saying I agree with everything but I’m listening .
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2019, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Drax power station is a large biomass and coal-fired power station in North Yorkshire, England, capable of co-firing petcoke. It has a 2.6 GW capacity for biomass and 1.29 GW capacity for coal.
It may well burn some coal Besoeker, but in the last 20 years Thorpe Marsh power station was decommissioned, Ferry Bridge is being demolished as we speak, and Eggborough has virtually stopped production.....And Drax is doomed...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2019, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Ripple ->
It’s a drop In the ocean what’s been going on.
It’s time to wake up if it takes a youngster to kick us into action so be it .

After all it’s their future not ours !
Our generation have done their best to wreck the planet .
Okay Ripple let's be realistic......Couple of questions for you......
How exactly has our generation wrecked the planet Ripple?
And What is your ideal picture of the world say in fifty years time?
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2019, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Okay Ripple let's be realistic......Couple of questions for you......
How exactly has our generation wrecked the planet Ripple?
And What is your ideal picture of the world say in fifty years time?
I think we invented the throwaway society that encompasses all aspects of life , indeed even to the chopping down of the rainforests.
Also the demon that is plastic wrapping.
Obesity and excess in everything .

I wish I could answer your second question ... I would like to think we had embraced totally a cleaner form of automobile propulsion . Improve public transport and education.
Successfully managed to lesson the demand for plastic wrapping .
Driven out McDonald’s and the likes as they also have played a big part in the demise of the rainforests .
Generally eat less meat and dairy.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2019, 12:40 PM

What I am now seeing is a child with aspergers being used dreadfully by a cult out of control.
One rule we have is my husband with aspergers is not allowed to watch news or political programmes because once he gets something in his head he becomes completely obsessed and that appears to be whats happening to this child.

Does anyone actually think BTW kids will chose to walk to school. not take any holidays and throw away their electronics.
Mine are very keen on environmental issues until faced with the consequences and getting the lights turned off is even beyond her on occasions.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2019, 01:15 PM

It certainly seems this poor girl is being manipulated Julie.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2019, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
It certainly seems this poor girl is being manipulated Julie.
If she is being manipulated then at least she is not being manipulated or bought, like our pollies, by the Murdochs, Adanis, Hancocks and Forrests of this world.

BTW it cost $40000+ a year to send your children to Newington College

I am glad that there are so many medical experts in this forum concerned about the health of Greta Thunberg - why do we need Dr Google when there is OFF?
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2019, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
What I am now seeing is a child with aspergers being used dreadfully by a cult out of control.
One rule we have is my husband with aspergers is not allowed to watch news or political programmes because once he gets something in his head he becomes completely obsessed and that appears to be whats happening to this child.

Does anyone actually think BTW kids will chose to walk to school. not take any holidays and throw away their electronics.
Mine are very keen on environmental issues until faced with the consequences and getting the lights turned off is even beyond her on occasions.
Are you saying Greta Thunberg has Asperger’s? I know she's got a younger sister with it.

Beata Thunberg was diagnosed with ADHD, Asperger’s syndrome, OCD, and defiant syndrome when she was 12.
https://heavy.com/news/2019/09/beata-ernman-thunberg/

I though Greta was an actor, like her father.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2019, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Are you saying Greta Thunberg has Asperger’s? I know she's got a younger sister with it.

https://heavy.com/news/2019/09/beata-ernman-thunberg/

I though Greta was an actor, like her father.
Yes greta has aspergers it's well documented also yes the parents are performance actors but that doesn't mean they aren't also active in the eugenics movement the grandfather was one of the people first started the eugenics x climate change movement.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2019, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Yes greta has aspergers it's well documented also yes the parents are performance actors but that doesn't mean they aren't also active in the eugenics movement the grandfather was one of the people first started the eugenics x climate change movement.
Thanks.

I know nothing about Aspergers.

Greta says:

"I have Aspergers and that means sometimes I'm a bit different from the norm. And — given the right circumstances — being different is a superpower". Rock on.

Page 9 of 50 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top