Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
aitch
Wigan
aitch is male  aitch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2011, 11:53 PM

celebrities, and what puts you off them

I have a lot of opinions about certain so called celebrities, who to my mind are stealing a living, at this time I wont name any, but lets have your input, I apologise if this has been published before, (I am a newbie)
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2011, 11:56 PM

Re: celebrities, and what puts you off them

Well I don't watch any of those so-called "reality" programmes but, when they're being talked about and names are mentioned, I've never heard of them.

However, one I can bring to mind is Katie Price (Jordan). She's a very nice looking young woman, but what exactly does she do apart from flouncing around, using filthy language and looking like a plastic doll. (And I'm definitely NOT being bitchy).
aitch
Wigan
aitch is male  aitch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2011, 12:01 AM

I watched a couple of the big brother episodes when it was supposedly celebrities, maybe I am too old, but i didn't know any of them, so what had they done or who were they, (scratches head in wonder)
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2011, 12:02 AM

I watched Big Brother once, and I'm A Celebrity once and, apart from one or two, I'd no clue who they were either, Aitch, so it's not just you.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2011, 09:26 PM

If I see the word "Celebrity" attached to any programme, then I head for the off switch. Overpaid, overrated, and mostly, like Sir Brucie?, over the hill. What a bunch of nonentities they all are. Just read a good book, or better still, come on this fabulous forum.
aitch
Wigan

07-10-2011, 10:11 PM

One person I have no time for is Harry Hill, if he is a comedian, then I am an opera singer, and believe me Im not, another is that Alex Jones on the One Show, I cant understand a word she says, she seems to me to be very nasal in her speech, or is it just me who thinks that
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire

07-10-2011, 11:17 PM

I didn't mind Harry Hill's TV Burp, but it became tiresome after a while, and I've never heard of Alex Jones as I've never watched The One Show.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2011, 11:15 PM

The TV companies seem to gather them all together (the has beens and the never really had talent types) select them, and fit them into panels of quiz shows or on travel shows, dancing shows, 'Special' guests on cooking programs, it's kind of like sorting eggs and fitting them in their right boxes, and the latest trend is when someone in the same business dies they pop up and read from a script how good the person was etc.. In a way it puts a few bob into their pocket, otherwise they'd all be on the dole. Watch them all popping up like jack-in-the-box at the festive season.
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2011, 12:53 AM

I have never rated this type of show, most of the time the celebrities are people we have never heard of,or failed in what ever they tried to do.

Over the years i have watched a few shows and not once have i been impressed
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2011, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by aitch ->
I have a lot of opinions about certain so called celebrities, who to my mind are stealing a living, at this time I wont name any, but lets have your input, I apologise if this has been published before, (I am a newbie)
Some Celebrities are Ok but most are arrogant egotistical show offs.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top