Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2011, 09:16 AM

Christmas and new year!

Our rituals at christmas, on christmas eve my daughter and I open one christmas pressie each then on christmas morning we laze about over breakfast and open our presents, have a nice slow day have the christmas dinner around 3pm, we always say after dinner, I will not eat another bite until tomorrow, 7pm we eat more last new year's eve we had no luck going out, year before daughter was sick. This year we have plans just hoping they come together. Is it too early to ask what you all are planning for this year.
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2011, 01:19 PM

Re: Christmas and new year!

We open our presents when we all get up on Christmas day
the kids all in their teens but like big kids the youngest is
14,I still manage to get lots of stocking fillers for them.

We have brunch around 11am, then settle in front of the Telly, Christmas dinner is at around 6 ish.

New year we gather as a family for a party, each of us take it in turn to host the party, this year its my brothers turn
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2011, 02:53 PM

I don't have any ritual now .

For one reason or another I have spent most of my Christmas Days in the homes of other people, now it is a joy just to remain in my own home preferably alone
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2011, 03:12 PM

I must say I do prefer to be at home, I always have, even when the kids were little, having to drag all the toys etc to in laws or friends because they didn't want to leave things behind
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2011, 03:20 PM

In the lap of my G.P. and Surgeon what I'll be doing this Xmas (see 'Connundrum in General chat).
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2011, 04:42 PM

Living alone and with no family,SO, Christmas is very quiet. Sleep in, have breakfast, open my few presents and that's it. Other than a mostly traditional dinner (roast chicken instead of a turkey), that's it.
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2011, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
In the lap of my G.P. and Surgeon what I'll be doing this Xmas (see 'Connundrum in General chat).
Do what is best for you!
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2011, 07:20 PM

xmas day up at 6,feed the animals,,open pressies,have brekie,,,get the dinner ready,have it about 3ish,,sit down with a bottle of brandy an watch telly.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2011, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by doctor ->
xmas day up at 6,feed the animals,,open pressies,have brekie,,,get the dinner ready,have it about 3ish,,sit down with a bottle of brandy an watch telly.
...don't you mean fall asleep after all that Doc
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2011, 07:53 PM

Joe and I shall be on our own as usual, but thats what we like, we shall have Fresh Salmon and salad at Tea time, my friend and her husband will come round after their lunch and we shall have a couple of drinks,oh yes the two westie's will come with them Harry and Maisie, much to Phoebe's disgust, last time they came Maisie took her bed and Harry ripped Duck to pieces.She couldnt believe it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top