Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2011, 10:20 PM

Re: Christmas and new year!

Only thing I do differently at Christmas, is go to one of my Sisters for Christmas dinner. Have done this for years and usually stay 2-3hrs then back home.

Never do anything at New Year-just another night and day to me-just love the peace and quiet of my own home
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2011, 07:03 PM

Dont like New Year, cant say why, just do, never stay up for it.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2011, 07:17 PM

I never do anything for New Year either, except for the millennium ... was invited to a lovely party and we all waited for the electric grid and the Internet to crash ......

That's a pic from it, I'm on the left wearing the pearls.

[IMG]
[/IMG]
aitch
Wigan
aitch is male  aitch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2011, 08:04 PM

First I phone the family to wish them all a Merry Christmas, then to the cemetery to say hello to my wife, then go to see the grandchildren at my eldest daughters house, and meet the other grandparents, and see what the kids have been bought, then in the afternoon, we go to my youngest daughters for Christmas dinner, to which we all do our bit (this is my year for dessert), I stay until about 9 when I wend my way home, open either a bottle of wine, or maybe a couple of glasses of a nice whiskey, and a bit of telly till bedtime, Boxing day, we all used to go out for a meal, usually around 14 of us, but this year my eldest has opted for a buffet served at her place, to which all again will contribute something, I am the taxi driver this year, so no drink till late.
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2011, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
I never do anything for New Year either, except for the millennium ... was invited to a lovely party and we all waited for the electric grid and the Internet to crash ......

That's a pic from it, I'm on the left wearing the pearls.

[IMG]
[/IMG]
We don't do anything for the New Year anymore either. Unless we happened to be invited to a private party somewhere within walking distance, maybe, but you have to book weeks in advance for a very expensive taxi ride otherwise.

Lovely pic Eileen I remember all that kerfuffle (ooh another word for the quiz section ) over the millenium....was worried to death
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2011, 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
Dont like New Year, cant say why, just do, never stay up for it.
I feel the same,always have and i really dont know why, i go with the flow for my family but its just another day for me
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2011, 12:31 PM

Everyone used to come to us for Christmas Day but ever since our grandchildren grew out of the babyhood years, our daughter has taken over hosting Christmas Day.

We stay at home on New Year's Eve but on New Year's Day my family come to us where we have a 'second Christmas dinner'..... complete with Christmas pud and mince pies and Crackers I also put an extra little gift on the Christmas tree for everyone that day.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2011, 01:29 PM

THis will be the first Xmas with my OH so until nearer the time ive no idea what we'll be doing! He may be working so it'll mean he's gone at 6.15am and returns at 10.15pm. Last year I had a great feast with my house mates where I was living and on boxing day OH drove to see me for a couple of days. This boxing day i'll be hunting as is the tradition and hopefully it'll be lovely and frosty but sunny. As for New Year.. same applies, until the shifts arrive we cant plan anything but im hoping to do absolutely nothing but watch tv and take the dogs out for a big walk and eat a scrumtious turkey roast and snuggle up by the fire

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top