Join for free
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2011, 07:49 PM

Walking on the Moon.

As some of you know I don't believe everything I'm told, especially by politicians, I still find it hard to believe Oswald shot Kennedy and worked on his own. We should ask awkward questions until important events are proved beyond a doubt, and I have always doubted whether they ever really went to the moon, there was too much at stake politically between the Russians and the Americans at the time, so a quick fix was badly needed in order to get to the top of the space race, and I'm glad to say I'm not the only person in the World to think so. I found this site to be right up my alley. MOONMOVIE.COM, if your interested have a look and ask yourself a few questions. Methinks it was just a couple of fella's playing Flash Gordon at the seaside.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2011, 09:29 PM

Re: Walking on the Moon.

Jem I guess we will never know for sure.
I actually believe there was a moon landing , people believe all sorts of strange things like the bible, but I better not go there
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2011, 09:43 PM

I'm sure we'll never know either Meg, but I do admire the young for questioning important things in our history and not just accepting everything that is put out as carved in stone, if you know what I mean. Some of the recent lies fed to the public are little short of criminal. Yes, I think questioning is good for the future of our children.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2011, 12:25 AM

Yes, I do believe that Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin set foot upon the moon, whilst Michael Collins stayed in the "mother ship."

Why? Okay, well, some of the rocks they brought back to earth could not have possibly been indigenous to this planet for starters.

Computers were non-existent then and the astronauts had to manually write down what they saw, felt etc and, as fountain pens were the norm back then, the Biro was a direct invention so that they could write without the fluid ink blobbing about throughout the spacecraft.

The cameras onboard were all British made especially for the job and, as basic as they were, they were sufficient in their day.

Yep, I reckon that man did set foot upon the moon, and I don't believe it was some mad televisation for the sake of politics.

Not to mention the fact that if it's not true, I lost many hours sleep watching the whole event on me black and white telly.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2011, 12:38 PM

I would like to believe it was true as it was an amazing fete but with all the negative reports over the years, there is a slight doubt in my mind

I also lost many hours sleep watching it but wouldn't have missed the experience for anything!
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2011, 01:01 PM

I certainly believe man landed on the moon and amatuer astronomers also witnessed the landings or claim to have done.

Mollie, computers were non-existan!!! How do you think the spacecraft was controlled?

I started working on computers back in 1958 although at that time they we 'punch card' controlled and a meg of ram took up a room 10x10feet.
FridgeMagnet
Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2011, 01:17 PM

It is said that when the Americans and the Russians first met in space. The Americans went onboard the Russian capsule. They observed that all the flight commands, instructions and, basically, what to do next, were scribbled on the inner wall of the capsule. In other words, the Russians were flying without any sort of computer what-so-ever.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2011, 01:32 PM

If you are really interested then read this.

http://science.howstuffworks.com/apollo-spacecraft.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_Guidance_Computer

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top