Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2011, 11:26 PM

Re: Chilly Sunday

Originally Posted by FridgeMagnet ->
Yes. Some of my answers were intended as little more than just 'tongue in cheek' but nobody batted an eyelid.
I noticed, but thought it would have been rude to comment as they were nonsensical ... Flatbilled Duckbilus or something quite similar.

If you think it's time for a change, why not just say so?
FridgeMagnet
Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2011, 11:27 PM

We used to listen to Paul Temple on the radio at school back in the 50's. With the famous signature tune 'The Flying Scotsman' I can't remember who played him though.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2011, 11:31 PM

We used to listen to Paul Temple on the radio at school back in the 50's. With the famous signature tune 'The Flying Scotsman' I can't remember who played him though.
I believe it was Francis Matthews who played Paul Temple back then....
FridgeMagnet
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2011, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I believe it was Francis Matthews who played Paul Temple back then....
Of course it was. The name rang a bell immediately.
Wasn't Steve played by Marjorie Westbury?
Was it Steve or Stevie?

Anyway, I have just lit a fire under the Tassimo for a last thing cup of coffee. I am fortunate in that caffeine doesn't affect me at night.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2011, 11:42 PM

Of course it was. The name rang a bell immediately.
Wasn't Steve played by Marjorie Westbury?
Was it Steve or Stevie?

Anyway, I have just lit a fire under the Tassimo for a last thing cup of coffee. I am fortunate in that caffeine doesn't affect me at night.
I can't remember who played Steve.

Enjoy your coffee, Michael
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2011, 01:25 AM

True. But I firmly believe that we have thoroughly exhausted all towns, animals & vegetables in the games.
My brain has totally shrivelled up, when in comes to creating poetry.
Don't worry, I'm just having a whinge.
Sorry, don't agree with you there, FM ...... some letters, yes. Games as a whole, no.
FridgeMagnet

17-10-2011, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Sorry, don't agree with you there, FM ...... some letters, yes. Games as a whole, no.

I never once said 'games as a whole'. I love the games. I merely implied that it was becoming more & more difficult to come up with new & original answers to some of the ongoing games.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top