Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2011, 11:23 PM

Re: Another miracle Monday

Originally Posted by merz ->
Not too bad a day weather wise until around 6pm when it absolutely lashed it down. Had very relaxing day today-recovering from a traumatic weekend with the Hatti girl. She had muscle spasms and then reacted to pain killing injection-she was as high as a kite and totally spaced out from 3pm Saturday until 6.45 am Sunday morning when she and I eventually fell asleep! That's one injection she won't be having again!!! All is well now and managed to do our usual walk today and then spent afternoon at my friends drinking tea and chatting....

I do feel for you Merz,I always feel so helpless when an animal is suffering, I feel that I should be able to help it but when they can not tell you what is needed you just have to guess and give as much TLC as possible.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2011, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by merz ->
Thank you Marpaul. Happened so quickly-just glad I was home with her at the time.
That makes such a difference that you were home with her, its happened to me twice this year with my old springer when she's been ill and I was so relieved to have been home as like Hatti it came on "just like that".
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2011, 02:41 PM

Merz, I've just found this, what a fright for you. I take it you both had no sleep at all Saturday night? Thank goodness Hatti girl is OK again and that she has you for her Mum.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2011, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
I do feel for you Merz,I always feel so helpless when an animal is suffering, I feel that I should be able to help it but when they can not tell you what is needed you just have to guess and give as much TLC as possible.

Originally Posted by marpaul ->
That makes such a difference that you were home with her, its happened to me twice this year with my old springer when she's been ill and I was so relieved to have been home as like Hatti it came on "just like that".
Originally Posted by maryl ->
Merz, I've just found this, what a fright for you. I take it you both had no sleep at all Saturday night? Thank goodness Hatti girl is OK again and that she has you for her Mum.
Know what you mean AB-it was awful having to watch her pace round for hours on end and not be able to do anything for her. Marpaul, if she's had any injection of any kind I never leave her, because I never know how she's going to react-just a shock when something so sudden happens as you say. Thank you Maryl-she's absolutely fine now. Didn't get any sleep at all till she settled at around 6.45am Sunday morning-after couple of early nights have now caught up!
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2011, 10:56 PM

Merz, lets hope that she doesn't need any more injections then, it must be awful for her to have a reaction like that. I can remember when my old girl was ill back in Jan this year it was around 11pm at night and I had no idea what was wrong with her, she had no balance and was falling over and her eyes were flickering. I thought she was having a stroke or something, so in the middle of the night I got on the internet and found out what was wrong with her!! Thank god for the internet. So took her to vet the following morning who confirmed that I was right and it took her a few weeks to get over it and then she got it again 6 months later only this time she's not really got over it which is soo very sad.
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2011, 11:10 PM

Just seen this Merz. How frightening for you! Glad Hatti has settled down now Sometimes you can't do right for doing wrong.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2011, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by marpaul ->
Merz, lets hope that she doesn't need any more injections then, it must be awful for her to have a reaction like that. I can remember when my old girl was ill back in Jan this year it was around 11pm at night and I had no idea what was wrong with her, she had no balance and was falling over and her eyes were flickering. I thought she was having a stroke or something, so in the middle of the night I got on the internet and found out what was wrong with her!! Thank god for the internet. So took her to vet the following morning who confirmed that I was right and it took her a few weeks to get over it and then she got it again 6 months later only this time she's not really got over it which is soo very sad.
Originally Posted by Berxer ->
Just seen this Merz. How frightening for you! Glad Hatti has settled down now Sometimes you can't do right for doing wrong.
Apologies to you both for not replying last night-did try, but my laptop froze for some reason.

That must have been scary for you Marpaul, especially at night. Sorry to hear she's not well again and hope she improves soon. I have a habit of looking things up on the internet, then sometimes wish I hadn't, but in your case it turned out for the best. Berxer, you do your best for them, but I suppose occasionally things can go wrong, but now I know for future.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top