Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2011, 03:47 PM

Re: Good Morning Thursday

Hi people! Beautifully sunny here nearing 10:45 am, but quite chilly: 12℃ (54℉) but very blustery, 32 mph gust recorded so far this morning. Needed a jacket out picking grass. Only thing on the agenda today is a booze run with Chris this afternoon.
soup for dinner.

What an ungodly time of night to waken, Bob ... OK, technically morning, but it's dark and I think of it as night. When the bladder wakes me that early I just go, then back to bed and sleep till my usual 8ish.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2011, 10:50 PM

Good evening all, I've had a very flusterating week so far. My Daughter bought me one of those computer desks, you know the kind, top shelf, one underneath, various spaces for this and that. It fit perfectly into the corner where I had the old one, so I went ahead and set it up, disconnecting wires here and there and making a careful note on paper of where they all went back. I stood back admiring my efforts and feeling delighted with myself that I needed no help, then I sat down in my new swivel chair to enjoy the fruits of my labour. I switched on, lay back, heard the happy apple mac sound, and waited, and waited, and waited. Not a blink on the screen, bare and black as the devil's arse it was, maybe I put a wire in where a wire shouldn't go, took them all out again stuck 'em all back in, but still nothing on the monitor. I needn't tell you, at this stage I was fit to be tied, where had I gone wrong?, I was baffled so I rang my Son, he was very busy all week and couldn't get over till tonight when he put it right. The fuse in the plug that feeds power into the box that leads to the monitor had blown, all that over a lousy fuse?, it was the last thing I thought of. I'm a bit cheesed off now and I'm having a few glasses of port to cheer myself up.
Hope you all had a good day Folks.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2011, 11:00 PM

Awww, Jem! But at least you have the satisfaction that you did everything right, and it was just a stupid fuse!

Didn't know you had a Mac ... wonderful, aren't they!
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2011, 11:02 PM

Hi Jemflux, what a pain for you...no computer for a few days It wouldn't have occurred to me either to check the fuse but I shall bear that in mind for the future Hope you enjoy the port
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2011, 11:02 PM

Aww.... I think you earned those glasses of port after all that frustration, Jem...
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2011, 11:09 PM

How frustrating Jem! Glad you got it sorted in the end
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2011, 11:14 PM

Thank you for your kind words Ladies, I'm coming around a bit now, if you know what I mean, great stuff Mister Sandeman makes.
I find this old mac easy for me to use Eileen and it's very reliable. I'm not getting techy (I couldn't) but My Son put in more memory and storage for me over the past few years and the speed is great. I wish he could put more memory into me

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top