Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2011, 07:26 AM

Dark Damp Saturday

Good morning everyone

Dark, Windy, damp and cold here today. Not a bird was heard on out morning walk and the cows are getting later as they are being led gradually into the clocks changing era.

Plans for today are lazing around doing absolutely nothing followed by more of the same after lunch.

Sorry for not being around but I have not fired up the computer for a couple of days due to being a bit under the weather, pains in the back, heel, toe, ribs and a big one
in the backside listening to all the rubbish they call news.

If I had known growing old was going to be this painful I would have stayed young.

Still, I get by telling myself that someone somewhere is worse off and grit my teeth and get on with life. As long as the pump keeps pumping and the airbags inflating who are we to grumble.

Barry, I know what you are going to have to put up with, we knocked two rooms into one to make a complete wet room and the dust got everywhere and then some.

Have a great day every and tell your loved ones now, how you feel about them, tomorrow it could be to late.
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2011, 08:37 AM

Re: Dark Damp Saturday

Good morning AB and all who follow

A gloomy day but not really cold here.

Car is still at 'doctors'. The strangest thing happened - OH said when he was approaching the garage, the brakes seemed good Mechanic did a quick check and also thought the same, but would keep it in for further checks. So expecting a phone call this morning with good or bad news.

Have a good day all, whatever you're doing
buddi bo
lincs
buddi bo is female  buddi bo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2011, 08:45 AM

Good morning all, Well its bright and sunny here (so far) , but feeling rather grotty , had a back tooth out monday , got an infection ,given antibiotics and still feeling just as bad today and my face is still swollen and painfull.
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2011, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by buddi bo ->
Good morning all, Well its bright and sunny here (so far) , but feeling rather grotty , had a back tooth out monday , got an infection ,given antibiotics and still feeling just as bad today and my face is still swollen and painfull.
Oh poor you You have a tooth extracted to solve one problem and end up with another! Give the AB's time to kick in and hopefully you'll feel much better.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2011, 09:32 AM

Good morning everyone anther beautiful autumn day with blue sky but a chilly wind.

The twins are coming for lunch with their Daddy today so I am off to cook roast lamb. Then later when they have had a nap I am going to their house to spend the afternoon with them and help at bath and story time .

Have a lovely day one and all...
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2011, 10:05 AM

Morning everyone. Lovely morning here with sunshine, no wind and 9deg.

Just back from the forest with Oscar and now awaiting a delivery from the plumber's merchants ready for Monday. Not too much mess yesterday as the workmen were very good and even hoovered after themselves! Hope the plumbers and tilers are just as good next week...

Grandaughter's birthday today so we'll be going over to see her later. No present though, what do you buy a 12 year old?, so just cash and a card..that always seems to hit the spot...

Have a great day all, enjoy whatever you are doing..

Barry
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2011, 10:21 AM

Good Morning AB and All Ach, ye're only as auld as ye feel AB!! The news on TV is always bad news, so I never watch it - I just read the Scotsman newspaper and the Daily Record online - saves money - being a canny Scot and a' that!!

Hope your grandaughter has a lovely 12th birthday, PM. Cash is always acceptable!!

Hope you all enjoy a guid Saturday - as always it is brolly day again!

Take care x
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2011, 11:22 AM

Just back from an extra long walk on the marsh with 2 lively visiting dogs. Its a really lovely day so far, blue skies and sunshine, bit breezy, but hey its not raining!!

Nothing specific planned for the day just the usual boring chores which I am forever putting off

Sorry to hear you've not been well AB have missed reading about the cows and the birds Hope the ABs kick in soon for Buddi and that Carmen has good news about the car.

Enjoy the rest of the day and have fun with twins and birthdays
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2011, 01:09 PM

'afternoon AB and everyone above

The news media are driving me mad as well, it seems that more and more they are setting the agenda of what people will think and do and their incessant need for a good 'angle' on a news item is doing my head in.

Did anyone hear that Jason somebody on Sky telling his camara man to "get a bit closer to that guy throwing the lump of concrete" (The Dale farm fiasco)

We've had two nights of heavy frost and it sure does look like winter is closing in now.

Best wishes to you all
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2011, 01:28 PM

Good morning all. It's the morning after. The morning after I did 4 loads of laundry. I hate doing laundry but when you run out of clean clothes you absolutely have no choice now do you?

I'll be looking for some place to go today as the weather is supposed to be nice. We actually have 3-4 days in a row like this so its grab the camera and get out there.

Have a great day all.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top