Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2020, 08:54 PM

Re: Royal Mail/Post Office

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Pesta I haven't seen an official warning about paper and our posties delivering every day exposed to it ....not seen a postie wearing a mask ...does away with my fears .
Ours wear gloves. Anyway the bma wants masks for all key workers not just medics.

As for paper chances are that much of the stuff is covid free not because it doesn't live on it but because everyone is being so careful from supplier to customer delivery. They have given different estimates as to how long it survived on different surfaces. Paper is slightly longer than cardboard but a lower risk than plastic and metal or glass. I read letters with gloves and i am not being paranoid just careful. They don't know enough about this yet.

If you listen to our experts they are the ones who didn't advise better measures in care homes so they do not fill me with confidence. We appear to be one of very few countries not wearing masks and imo thats as flawed as delaying lockdown and not being more careful with travellers into our airports.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2020, 10:05 AM

Are your deliveries, parcels and post safe?

https://conversation.which.co.uk/hea...C_WS_EM_010520

We all want to limit our potential exposure to COVID-19 as much as possible, but do we really need to be disinfecting our deliveries and post?

The question of disinfecting deliveries has understandably come up a number of times this past month.

To get the facts and advice on how to handle deliveries as safely as possible, I spoke with Public Health England and Royal Mail.

Here’s what the risk is, what you should do if you’re receiving a delivery and what additional measures have been put in place.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2020, 10:14 AM

Has anyone noticed the somewhat pleasant lack of junk mail being delivered?

I've also noticed that the number of plastic clad items has also declined. For example, Private Eye sends its mag in a plastic cover (this is over a week late in delivery now), whereas Mrs Dex's Good Food mag was send in a large paper envelope (instead of its usual plastic sleeve) and it arrived just a couple of days late. Could this be due to the virus remaining active for longer on plastic surfaces and royal mail taking this into account? Dunno if there's some kind of policy or not.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2020, 11:54 AM

I posted my my friend’s birthday card yesterday with a first class stamp. Now l’m wondering if she will even receive it today. Her birthday is tomorrow.
Westender
Sussex, UK
Westender is male  Westender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2020, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I posted my my friend’s birthday card yesterday with a first class stamp. Now l’m wondering if she will even receive it today. Her birthday is tomorrow.
You both might be pleasantly surprised.
I sent an old friend a package yesterday, it went 2nd small parcel rate. I got a call a couple of hours ago thanking me , he'd received it this morning.
It was local though or " intra" in postie talk.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2020, 12:42 PM

Hi

No letters for two days, no Postie.

This could well be the third day.

Parcels are still arriving.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2020, 03:48 PM

A letter each this morning plus a parcel for Val.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2020, 03:54 PM

I received a letter from my daughter last week, she lives about 20 minutes away. The letter was posted first class but I received it 2 days later.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2020, 12:23 AM

I picked up a parcel from my Post Office yesterday. The lady in the parcel collection bay signed the wifi device "CV19" in front of me after scanning the package.

It was all very clinical and social distancing.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2020, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I posted my friend’s birthday card yesterday with a first class stamp. Now l’m wondering if she will even receive it today. Her birthday is tomorrow.
An Update.....

My friend has just rung me to say, Thank You for the birthday card l sent her. The first class stamped card arrived today, two weeks later!

She said, it hadn’t been franked, just a pen mark across the stamp.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top