Join for free
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 01:55 PM

Re: Has Technology Made Us...

I've always been lazy.

For years I've driven with automatic transmission and frequent use cruise control, we both use GPS in our cars along with climate control as a "must include" when replacing our cars with my latest bucket of bolts having separate climate zones. Alexa thing? Nah. Voice control? Nah. I'm married.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
I engage with both.
Did you not retire from REAL technology Besoeker??
Arent you worried about your bain shrinking ?? LOL!😁

Donkeyman!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
I've always been lazy.

For years I've driven with automatic transmission and frequent use cruise control, we both use GPS in our cars along with climate control as a "must include" when replacing our cars with my latest bucket of bolts having separate climate zones. Alexa thing? Nah. Voice control? Nah. I'm married.
Will you be getting a motor bike and sidecar as you have been
advocating for your next vehicle Todgy ???

Donkeyman! 😁😁😁
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 02:31 PM

I have friends, my age, who have not embraced technology, neither of them have a computer & neither have smart phones, they have phones like mine which are old & only used for calls or texting, so some of it they have taken to use, but basically.
When allowed, due to Covid, we'd get together & chat non stop about this & that. We'd go out together, not a device in sight & enjoy each others company.
My Daughter has her phone or her i pad with her all the time, Son is the same. I think it's mostly a generation thing, the younger you are the more you rely on the net & other technology.
I do like the net, but I don't need to have it all the time. I read a lot too, proper books that is, no kindle.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

08-12-2020, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I have friends, my age, who have not embraced technology, neither of them have a computer & neither have smart phones, they have phones like mine which are old & only used for calls or texting, so some of it they have taken to use, but basically.
When allowed, due to Covid, we'd get together & chat non stop about this & that. We'd go out together, not a device in sight & enjoy each others company.
My Daughter has her phone or her i pad with her all the time, Son is the same. I think it's mostly a generation thing, the younger you are the more you rely on the net & other technology.
I do like the net, but I don't need to have it all the time. I read a lot too, proper books that is, no kindle.
You CAN get good books on kindle Tiffany!
Its just the page turning is different ?
Oh ! And the smell and feel and look of a REAL book!!
But kindle can make the writing bigger, which l find essential now?

Donkeyman! 👍😁👍
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Did you not retire from REAL technology Besoeker??
Arent you worried about your bain shrinking ?? LOL!😁

Donkeyman!
I'll stick with my brain. You stick with your bain and lack of apostrophes.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 03:13 PM

I have always struggled reading books.

So I have found a channel on YouTube, where the word is spoken, so perfect for me, I usually listen at night, when all is quiet.

Lots of bedtime stories on YouTube.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 03:14 PM

You CAN get good books on Kindle Tiffany!
It's just the page turning is different?
Oh! And the smell and feel and look of a REAL book!!

Donkeyman! 👍😁👍
I don't have a Kindle but understand using one you can take as many books with you, anywhere. That also saves lugging that enormous suitcase with you, better also is that there are no Excess Luggage charges for same on aircraft!

Magnifying the text size is something I hadn't thought of or realised as I do not own a Kindle,
again very useful though.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 03:14 PM

You CAN get good books on kindle Tiffany!
Its just the page turning is different ?
Oh ! And the smell and feel and look of a REAL book!!

Donkeyman! 👍😁👍

Did you know that there are channels also on YouTube, that read to you.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 03:26 PM

Will you be getting a motor bike and sidecar as you have been
advocating for your next vehicle Todgy ???

Donkeyman! 😁😁😁
I've just taken delivery of my new car! I usually change after a couple of years but I don't use my thing to commute in. When it's change again time it's not impossible that I could change in that direction though it is unlikely unless there's some advances in technology and comfort.

Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top