Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2014, 12:40 PM

Re: Do toasters commit suicide?

Janela You know me so well, I talk to plants too.

Wrinkly what a good idea, never thought of ebay for second hand coffee machines. We want a bean to cup but they are very expensive.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2014, 07:52 PM

I've always talked to my plants too, Cate.
When my greenhouse was full of geraniums this winter, I always said good morning girls (I heard Wal say good morning once too)

Good luck with the hunt for the coffee machine.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2014, 03:30 PM

Cate bean to cup coffee makers are very expensive, why not buy yourself a grinder and a coffee machine, then if one of them packs up you don't lose the other.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2014, 06:01 PM

That's a good idea Wrinkly, I have a grinder and I have a very cheap but cheerful coffee machine. I agree a gadget trying to do two jobs is not a good idea.

We had a washing machine which was supposed to dry as well, it was useless as it would wash 7lbs but could only dry 5lbs so in the end I never used the drying part.
Annabelle
Tasmania Australia
Annabelle is female 

23-06-2014, 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
I do believe, for many years now, that my toaster, along with other small appliances have committed suicide. Have they been pre-programmed at the manufacturers with a self-destruct code to reduce their life span?
If not, how is it that small electrical appliances that would last for years, now only last months, regardless of the price you pay?

My last toaster made such a loud bang on its way out, that the postman knocked to see if all was well.
He happened to be posting us a letter at the time.
I don't know about toasters but printers do!

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top