Join for free
Page 6 of 14 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2021, 01:53 PM

Re: Remainers

Originally Posted by 7779311 ->
Lets see what happens this evening in the EU parliament...
No surprises there, they'll ratify the agreement. As it is provisionally effective since 1 january this year, nothing changes.
As for the irish border that is an internal british problem signed up to by boris. It is for him to solve. And he is busy doing that https://www.ft.com/content/ce89dea5-...9-5ea7321e7494
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2021, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
No surprises there, they'll ratify the agreement. As it is provisionally effective since 1 january this year, nothing changes.
As for the irish border that is an internal british problem signed up to by boris. It is for him to solve. And he is busy doing that https://www.ft.com/content/ce89dea5-...9-5ea7321e7494
From your link:

"Aodhán Connolly, director of the Northern Ireland Retail Consortium, publicly praised the government’s “excellent engagement” this week after a meeting on Tuesday with Lord David Frost, the UK minister who leads on Brexit implementation, and the Northern Ireland secretary Brandon Lewis."

"Connolly wants Brussels to accept that “an auditable and certified supply chain”, underpinned by the proposed Digital Assistance Scheme, should be enough for the EU to take a more pragmatic, risk-based approach to dealing with what he calls the “minuscule” risk to the EU single market of goods from Great Britain leaking across the Northern Ireland border with the Republic."
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2021, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Takahashi ->
I meant the issue you had connecting the phone?
Oh that! Thanks for asking.

Yes, I finally managed to get it to connect, but I went through so many things I can't remember completely what the solution really was.
I think the thing is that before the Covid thing, they would have ensured everything is connected as needed, but not now!

As it happens, now I've managed to get it to work, I find that I don't really need it especially as Marge does most of the driving now.

On the other hand, I have now discovered that there is no AC cooling in the glove box, as there was in the Mk7, or at least I can't find any way of activating it. An 'improvement' I suppose!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2021, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
From your link:

"Aodhán Connolly, director of the Northern Ireland Retail Consortium, publicly praised the government’s “excellent engagement” this week after a meeting on Tuesday with Lord David Frost, the UK minister who leads on Brexit implementation, and the Northern Ireland secretary Brandon Lewis."

"Connolly wants Brussels to accept that “an auditable and certified supply chain”, underpinned by the proposed Digital Assistance Scheme, should be enough for the EU to take a more pragmatic, risk-based approach to dealing with what he calls the “minuscule” risk to the EU single market of goods from Great Britain leaking across the Northern Ireland border with the Republic."
Yep, you are quite right old boy. It is up to the EU to decide whether they want to take more risks with the UK.
Based on past experiences that is not advisable, but it is up to the UK to solve the problems they created.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2021, 02:13 PM

Yep, you are quite right old boy. It is up to the EU to decide whether they want to take more risks with the UK.
Based on past experiences that is not advisable, but it is up to the UK to solve the problems they created.
The UK can tell the EU to take a running jump if it wants to.
Officially.
It's in the contract.
Ask your boss Von der Leyen that used it once already.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

27-04-2021, 02:18 PM

The UK can tell the EU to take a running jump if it wants to.
Officially.
It's in the contract.
Ask your boss Von der Leyen that used it once already.
Ah! You already took a running jump once? How brave of you!
Zaphod
Lincs UK

27-04-2021, 02:25 PM

Ah! You already took a running jump once? How brave of you!
Nice bit of squirming there but it's a "fail" yet again for Solly.
Your boss Von der Leyen made the jump.
Look:

"Ursula von der Leyen issues apology for triggering Article 16 of Northern Ireland Protocol"

https://www.independent.ie/news/ursu...-40073999.html
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

27-04-2021, 02:42 PM

Nice bit of squirming there but it's a "fail" yet again for Solly.
Your boss Von der Leyen made the jump.
Look:

"Ursula von der Leyen issues apology for triggering Article 16 of Northern Ireland Protocol"

https://www.independent.ie/news/ursu...-40073999.html
Always go the source my friend. Reporters are known for giving their own interpretations.
You know the difference of course between proposing something and actually performing?

The speech was the first time the president addressed the whole European Parliament since last month's row over vaccine supplies, when the Commission inflamed political sensitivities by proposing export controls from the Republic of Ireland to Northern Ireland. Although the plan was quickly withdrawn, it was considered a fiasco and provoked immediate condemnation from London, Dublin and Belfast.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

27-04-2021, 02:49 PM

Always go the source my friend. Reporters are known for giving their own interpretations.
You know the difference of course between proposing something and actually performing?

The speech was the first time the president addressed the whole European Parliament since last month's row over vaccine supplies, when the Commission inflamed political sensitivities by proposing export controls from the Republic of Ireland to Northern Ireland. Although the plan was quickly withdrawn, it was considered a fiasco and provoked immediate condemnation from London, Dublin and Belfast.
Why would both she and Sefcovic apologise for something you think they haven't done?
If it hadn't been for the immediate uproar are you suggesting that it would not have been immediately implemented?

"Speaking to the Oireachtas European Affairs Committee on Tuesday morning, EU vice president Maroš Šefčovič made clear that the move to trigger Article 16 of the protocol, which would have stopped the importation of vaccines into the North, was driven by..."
https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/p...-40227725.html

The EU got caught out.
End of.
It's no use grumbling about the UK trying what the EU already tried itself.
Germany
7779311 is male  7779311 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2021, 03:06 PM

This topic is worth to be nitpicky: if I decide to slap you in the face, you can be angry after I have done it. If I decide to slap you, then decide against it and apologize for even considering it, what am I then? A bully?

The EU commission has decided to but not triggered art16. So what harm was done?

Dear Brexiteers what is so difficult to understand here?

Page 6 of 14 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top