Join for free
Page 7 of 14 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2021, 03:14 PM

Re: Remainers

Originally Posted by 7779311 ->
This topic is worth to be nitpicky: if I decide to slap you in the face, you can be angry after I have done it. If I decide to slap you, then decide against it and apologize for even considering it, what am I then? A bully?

The EU commission has decided to but not triggered art16. So what harm was done?

Dear Brexiteers what is so difficult to understand here?
Ask the Irish.
They're the ones your beloved leaders completely failed to consult before deciding a plan of action.
You know: the people that would have been most affected by what was being put in action.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2021, 03:50 PM

This topic is worth to be nitpicky: if I decide to slap you in the face, you can be angry after I have done it. If I decide to slap you, then decide against it and apologize for even considering it, what am I then? A bully?

The EU commission has decided to but not triggered art16. So what harm was done?

It staggers me to read people talking about alleged failures of the EU, when the UK had so little respect for itself and its people that it left the EU and even the SM&CU with barely a thought for its long 310 mile land border and the people who live there.
Brexit was as much about contempt for the UK as it was about contempt for the EU.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2021, 03:54 PM

They created a hard border by preventing vaccines from travelling from the republic to Northern Ireland. By doing so they invoked Article 16 and breached the TCA by not allowing a 2 year notice period.

It doesn't get much worse than that, hence the back tracking by the EU when we pointed it out.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2021, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
It staggers me to read people talking about alleged failures of the EU, when the UK had so little respect for itself and its people that it left the EU and even the SM&CU with barely a thought for its long 310 mile land border and the people who live there.
Brexit was as much about contempt for the UK as it was about contempt for the EU.
Nice try but wrong yet again; it's the EU who have shown nothing but contempt for the whole island of Ireland & NI by weaponising Brexit when it has no need to be that way.
Would you like me to show you the video where Barnier suggests just that course of action again?

The Von der Leyen Article 16 saga and how the EU are treating the Irish regarding fishing aren't doing much to change the way their interfering and lack of understanding are seen on the island either.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2021, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
They created a hard border by preventing vaccines from travelling from the republic to Northern Ireland. By doing so they invoked Article 16 and breached the TCA by not allowing a 2 year notice period.

It doesn't get much worse than that, hence the back tracking by the EU when we pointed it out.
Put down that joint. Its clouding your vision.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

27-04-2021, 06:26 PM

Spot-on.
And as seen by the whole wide world too.
No wonder the EU's minions are in a state of shocked denial.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

27-04-2021, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Spot-on.
And as seen by the whole wide world too.
No wonder the EU's minions are in a state of shocked denial.
I would like to be a fly on the wall when biden meets boris.....
Zaphod
Lincs UK

28-04-2021, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
I would like to be a fly on the wall when biden meets boris.....
Tell us: when is he planned to meet the leader of the EU?
He's visiting the NATO summit before any EU meetings and if EU countries still aren't going to commit to a fair share contribution towards NATO the EU meeting will no doubt be quite interesting.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2021, 11:23 AM

Is this another Brexit thread, Swim?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2021, 12:54 PM

I'm pleased to see that the world is watching them, and I'm sure they're not impressed!

Page 7 of 14 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top