Join for free
Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2018, 06:41 PM

Re: Are you alone this Christmas?

Blimey Longlegs I will leave two alone.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2018, 01:06 PM

Yup, on my own. The dog and I will go along to the nearby park cafe, who are hosting a Christmas brunch for those people spending the day alone.

Other than that, I will cook a nice turkey roast for me, and Holly will have a Forthglade tray Christmas meal. And we will watch loads of telly, and do walks.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2018, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Yup, on my own. The dog and I will go along to the nearby park cafe, who are hosting a Christmas brunch for those people spending the day alone.

Other than that, I will cook a nice turkey roast for me, and Holly will have a Forthglade tray Christmas meal. And we will watch loads of telly, and do walks.
Jazzi it was something I read that you posted, that prompted this thread.
Do drop in for a little chat. X
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2018, 04:28 PM

Since my daughter is not well enough for travel, we will be here for Christmas - a first! She isn't talking and won't remember the day, but I am still going to make a celebratory day of it for her. No reason not to!

Strangely enough, I coincidentally spent nearly a dozen of my birthdays alone before we had children (and it's usually forgotten being that it's right after the holidays), so big days are just regular days around here. C'est la vie!

It looks like there will be a little surf on Christmas day. Between sessions I come inside to warm up, so I'll check in when my hands aren't too numb to type. I won't wait for the feeling to return in my brain though, as that might take a year or two longer .
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

20-12-2018, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Since my daughter is not well enough for travel, we will be here for Christmas - a first! She isn't talking and won't remember the day, but I am still going to make a celebratory day of it for her. No reason not to!

Strangely enough, I coincidentally spent nearly a dozen of my birthdays alone before we had children (and it's usually forgotten being that it's right after the holidays), so big days are just regular days around here. C'est la vie!

It looks like there will be a little surf on Christmas day. Between sessions I come inside to warm up, so I'll check in when my hands aren't too numb to type. I won't wait for the feeling to return in my brain though, as that might take a year or two longer .
Bless you, Surferbabe. xxx
Don't drip on the floor.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2018, 09:01 PM

I'm alone on Boxing day so I will pop in.... not that folks notice me
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

20-12-2018, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I'm alone on Boxing day so I will pop in.... not that folks notice me
I will, you are a ray of sunshine. x
Merry Christmas. x
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2018, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I will, you are a ray of sunshine. x
Merry Christmas. x
Ha! Merry Christmas to you too Sweetie
MrFraggle
United Kingdom
MrFraggle is male  MrFraggle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2018, 12:29 PM

My long term partner (35 years) died in August this year so this will be the first Christmas without her but I have signed up to the free month of NetFlix and I shall binge on films given that the BBC and ITV and all channels in-between are serving up their usual tripe, might even have a vodka or two.

May well pop in here if anyone fancies a chat.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2018, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by MrFraggle ->
My long term partner (35 years) died in August this year so this will be the first Christmas without her but I have signed up to the free month of NetFlix and I shall binge on films given that the BBC and ITV and all channels in-between are serving up their usual tripe, might even have a vodka or two.

May well pop in here if anyone fancies a chat.
That's hard Mr F I can remember the first Christmas after my husband died as though it was yesterday although it was 34 years ago . He died on December 5th and the funeral was on 13th so Christmas was grim .

Do whatever feels right to get you through the day, I will be around on here for part of it

Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top