Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Gianetta
US
Gianetta is female  Gianetta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2016, 05:00 PM

Re: Ouch! I've got Shingles

Awww Sue....... I so sorry that you have to deal with shingles after you move...... I know it can be quite uncomfortable - but it will NOT last forever, I promiso - (it just feel like it...lol) Sorry sweetie..... we all thinking of you and hope it eases for you quickly...... Oatmeal bath is soothing - pamper you self. xo From Gia
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2016, 05:01 PM

I've not had shingles but I can remember my grandmother having it when I was a child.The only time I can remember her staying in bed.
Sending you good wishes for a speedy recovery.
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2016, 05:11 PM

I had it last November a week and a half before I was due to go to Florida.

I bought two small tubes of Aciclovir cream to go the tabs and I'm sure that's the reason I got over it so quickly, the cream made the spots dry up very quickly. I had five bad patches around my lower half.

Wait till they dry up and are ready to fall off, the itching nearly drove me to distraction.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2016, 05:19 PM

Sue I had it one Easter when the Doctors was closed , the rash was around my waist and sooo painful I put Calamine lotion on it to stop the itching but couldn't stand clothes on my skin and had to stay in the house in a nightie for 3 weeks.

I felt really poorly too rather like having flu, I wouldn't wish it on anyone...

I hope you get better soon...
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2016, 05:51 PM

Sorry to hear your plight Sue.

I recommend you read this article:

http://healthwyze.org/reports/370-ho...listic-methods
Marion
Norfolk
Marion is female  Marion has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2016, 06:38 PM

I have had shingles twice, and both times in the same spot, on my forehead above my eye. As well as the painful spots my face swelled and my eye closed lol was in a right state. But once the appropriate cream was put on it soon healed up thank goodness. But very painful, I feel sorry for anyone that has it.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2016, 06:44 PM

It sounds an awful complaint Sue, I do hope you recover soon.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2016, 06:51 PM

Thank you again I have read all your posts and find them interesting and sad to think that most of you have had it, and pulled through... I have bookmarked yours Realist to check on the food list of what's best to eat! And which food to stay away from.
WholeLottaRosie
derbyshire
WholeLottaRosie is female  WholeLottaRosie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2016, 07:11 PM

Ouch, Sue poor you, I had shingles in exactly the same place about five years ago, it developed directly after I had the flu jab, but because of the weekend and because I thought it was nothing to worry about I left it a bit late to go to the docs he did give me antivirals when I eventually did go but I know how painful it can be, looks like you've caught it early, and with immediate treatment, there's a better chance of a quick recovery good luck , take care. x
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2016, 07:15 PM

Thanks to you Rosie too x

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top