Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 03:46 PM

Re: The Government can Hack you.

Originally Posted by Advantage Out ->
I meant, of course, the speed cameras (in full view) do us a favour by way of warning. It's when they are obscured from view, or policemen dodging in and out from behind road signs and building with those hand-held lasers that upset me.

Here in town, they've set up several digital speed-detectors. Large imposing things, high atop poles with the message, "You Are Driving At A Speed Of --------". I think every city should have them. It's a friendly way to have motorists come to their senses.
We(JBR and I)are used to those speed awareness signs, we seem to have a lot around this part of the country.

Unfortunately they can have an adverse effect on the young and/or stupid. It's been known that some have competitions to see who can get the highest reading.

I've never won but came a close 2nd
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->

Apologies, my mistake.
No worries, mate. But when I first saw your complaint I thought I'd blacked out and woke up in the Twilight Zone.
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 04:15 PM

.... those speed awareness signs ..... It's been known that some have competitions to see who can get the highest reading ....
What a brilliant idea!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Advantage Out ->
What a brilliant idea!
You'll have to get a drift car and join the local cruise club.
I'm sure it won't be long before the adopt this game.
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden

22-02-2016, 05:56 PM

You'll have to get a drift car and join the local cruise club.
I'm sure it won't be long before the adopt this game.
You should see if you can't get two of those speed awareness signs erected side-by-side and have a proper drag race!

Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 07:25 PM

"Hackers can remotely activate cameras and microphones on devices, without the owner's knowledge, log keystrokes, install malware, copy documents and track locations among other things, the Investigatory Powers Tribunal (IPT) was told."

Anyone with Adobe Flash installed on their PC likely had the option set which grants permission for 3rd party companies to use your PC/Laptop webcam. Adobe Flash used to go out with that option enabled by default so millions of people were cluelessly giving permission to 3rd parties to use their webcams. Who knows if that privilege was used and what the webcam showed?

Similar issue exists with Xbox Kinect. It uses webcams. How do you know if those cameras are not secretly watching you?

I simply cover my laptop webcam with a small sticker. Simple step to prevent any misuse.
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden

22-02-2016, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
"Hackers can remotely activate cameras and microphones on devices, without the owner's knowledge.......

I simply cover my laptop webcam with a small sticker. Simple step to prevent any misuse.
But what do you do about SOUND?
WholeLottaRosie
derbyshire
WholeLottaRosie is female  WholeLottaRosie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
"Hackers can remotely activate cameras and microphones on devices, without the owner's knowledge, log keystrokes, install malware, copy documents and track locations among other things, the Investigatory Powers Tribunal (IPT) was told."

Anyone with Adobe Flash installed on their PC likely had the option set which grants permission for 3rd party companies to use your PC/Laptop webcam. Adobe Flash used to go out with that option enabled by default so millions of people were cluelessly giving permission to 3rd parties to use their webcams. Who knows if that privilege was used and what the webcam showed?

Similar issue exists with Xbox Kinect. It uses webcams. How do you know if those cameras are not secretly watching you?

I also did this with my laptop, my son laughed at me and said I was paranoid
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 09:11 PM

We(JBR and I)are used to those speed awareness signs, we seem to have a lot around this part of the country.

Unfortunately they can have an adverse effect on the young and/or stupid. It's been known that some have competitions to see who can get the highest reading.

I've never won but came a close 2nd
What a good idea!

Some time ago our local councillor, having been informed of the high speed at which some motorists drive down our road (which is relatively narrow and winding), asked for suggestions as to what could be done, giving a list of possibilities from which to choose.
I voted for speed cameras and/or speed humps.
Unfortunately, I was outvoted and it seems that most people asked for traditional speed limit signs. I can't imagine that the boy racers would take much notice of them!

It's academic anyway, as no signs have materialised. Mind you, the local elections finished soon afterwards!

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top