Join for free
Page 18 of 28 « First < 8 16 17 18 19 20 > Last »
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 08:39 PM

Re: Is there an after life?

I like Realists posts as they are always informative and interesting
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 09:10 PM

Hi

Here we go again, the Atheists spouting Intellectual Superiority.

What absolute rubbish.

Einstein stated in his final letter: 'I am not an atheist, explaining at one point: "I have repeatedly said that in my opinion the idea of a personal god is a childlike one. You may call me an agnostic, but I do not share the crusading spirit of the professional atheist whose fervor is mostly due to a painful act of liberation from the fetters of religious indoctrination received in youth. I prefer an attitude of humility corresponding to the weakness of our intellectual understanding of nature and of our own being."

Einstein was intelligent enough to know that we do not understand the Universe.

The big question is this, what was the nothing which exploded at a particular point in time and created the Universe and eventually us, human beings.

We are no nearer answering that question than the Neanderthals were.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2016, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
REalist's post are alwayw deep an d inereting
but I reckon he is probably the only perosn ont theplanet moreverbose than ME
Cheers Pumicestone, I think there's a compliment in there
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2016, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
Just because there is no evidence doesnt mean there isnt any "life" after death at all.
No but it is unlikely, well I sincerely hope so!
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2016, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
No but it is unlikely, well I sincerely hope so!
You cant even say its unlikely as theres no proof either way ..i could just as easily say its likely that there is ....which wouldnt be right either as no proof.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2016, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by ScottishCatLady ->
I am a Christian and have spent my life believing that there is "something else" when we die, and Lord knows I hope that there is, but what if there isn't? What if, when we die, we are just "gone" and there isn't anything else? We just fall asleep and never wake up, without dreaming or anything.

It's hard to imagine a death like that, because it is just a case of imagining nothing. Although it wouldn't matter when it happened, thinking of it in advance is quite a scary thought.

What are your guy's thoughts on the subject? Do we carry on as ghosts, go to Heaven (or Hell... ) or simply die and become "no-more"?

How could anyone know for certain if there's an afterlife? You'd have to die first then come back and let us know!
WholeLottaRosie
derbyshire
WholeLottaRosie is female  WholeLottaRosie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2016, 12:51 PM

I agree, Realist your posts make me think (and that takes a lot of doing)......................more please
WholeLottaRosie
derbyshire
WholeLottaRosie is female  WholeLottaRosie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2016, 12:55 PM

I'd just like to add, maybe we can't see what's in front of our nose, for instance, at the weekend both my husband and I walked past a huge merrygoround without even noticing it, it was only when he turned back to check on something that we actually saw it, crazy....
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2016, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Here we go again, the Atheists spouting Intellectual Superiority.

What absolute rubbish.
I'm not an atheist nor am I intellectually superior.

I prefer an attitude of humility corresponding to the weakness of our intellectual understanding of nature and of our own being.

I empathise with that stance quite a lot. I think people's perceptions of "god" or whatever name we want to assign to the universal essence, is quite a way off the mark. IMO we need to shed this notion of a singular person (aging face white beard etc) and instead think more along the lines of a single universal energy, a quintessence that is everywhere, and in everything. I don't mean that in any mystical or magical sense. I simply mean that in terms of Nature, if you were to take any single thing, anything at all, rock, metal, tree, flower, funghi, animal . . . and reduce that thing back to it's most primary material, you would find that everything is made from the same thing.

Think of the universe as a monumental construction of lego but where the lego bricks are so infinitesimally small you can't see them. These bricks contain a life energy, the very thing that makes us what we are. If you were a scientist who could see and work with those bricks, you could make anything you wished. A man, an animal, a plant.

What "god" actually is, I believe, is this universal life energy that is within the universal building blocks. It is the same life energy in everything.

This leads to a new line of thinking and understanding.
If WE are made up of the primary building blocks which contain the universal life energy (god) then in one sense WE ARE GOD ! Or at the least, we are an actual living and breathing part of god. We are God and God is us. We are one and the same. That is why we connect with one another and with all that is around us. That is why the great philosophers like Plato, Socrates etc emphasised that we should:

TEMET NOSCE

Know Thyself

The knowledge of what we really are is profound imo. The knowledge that the "real" us inside is utterly indestructible and immortal, is equally profound and exposes the greatest lie ever told to humankind. The lie that you will die, that what you perceive to be death is the end. That lie is underpinned by fear, by scaremongering which frightens us in our weak minds when we are young and which for many people, goes on to frighten them in adult life.

The lie is there to control you. Religion is the perpetuation of that lie to create a system of control, to make you conform to a set of behaviours, to make you willingly accept the shackles of slavery to work for a bunch of thankless elite who are master manipulators.

This is not an atheistic position. This is a position which recognises "god" but does not recognise god in the way that religion has taught us. A position which is not grounded on fear and scaremongering but which seeks to understand Nature around us and how everything is built and made.

We are all one. To fight each other is for the left hand to fight the right hand, utterly pointless. We are the same thing. We have been fooled and hoodwinked by cruel masters who revel in power and greed. Resist the lie and it will flee from you. You can not die.

There is NO after life because there is no "after" as such, there is only the continual NOW. You are, and you have always been, since the beginning of time. You just have no memory in your current form of the passage of the time that has gone before. We were likely all part of a star billions of years ago, still the same universal life energy in a different form, now we find ourselves in our current human form which sadly restricts our memory of the past.

We have nothing to fear.

"I am the Alpha and the Omega--the beginning and the end," says the Lord God. "I am the one who is, who always was, and who is still to come--the Almighty One."

We are made in god's image which is not to say we are clones dropping off a production conveyor belt, but rather that we are a true image/reflection of "god" because we are made of that same universal life energy.

The Bible contains many truths but our understanding and interpretation of them is skewed because of the religious doctrine drummed into us from youth. As I have said in other threads, Genesis is all about the alchemical process whereby you deconstruct a substance into its primary material to reveal those universal building blocks, and then reassemble them into something perfect. For years I never saw or understood this, and were it not for the kindness of others, I would still be ignorant today taking Genesis as the literal creation of the world. I am still largely ignorant, but the seeds of knowledge have been planted and the shoots are straining to reach the light.
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2016, 02:08 PM

Wow. Now that's deep. And I mean that in a good way. Put a few thoughts into my brain that weren't really there before.

Page 18 of 28 « First < 8 16 17 18 19 20 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top