Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 12:17 PM

Re: Skin and bones

Originally Posted by d00d ->
vaaaguely similar, but sandwich spread is rich, little and stodgy; Russian Salad is bold, chunky yet light with individual flavours coming through.

Both of which are full of rabbit food - ergh yuk !!! give me the rabbit and I'll make a tasty rabbit stew instead !!!
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
I bought a small can of pink salmon a while ago. I'd thought of it as one those handy things to have in the cupboard along with the tuna.. the chopped tomatoes.. the beans.. etc

Anyway, today it was opened. I haven't had a salmon sandwich for years. It was lovely mashed up on a wholemeal bap with cucumber and a dash of balsamic vinegar

The thing is this..
I'm sure the last time I had one I just mashed all that soft skin and bone in together with the flesh.
Today I had to take away all of the skin and pick out the bones before I mashed it. I just couldn't stomach it!

What do you do? And am I missing out on nutrients by not eating those extra "bits"?
I'm the same - always take those bits out.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 07:43 PM

Ooh What's in a Russian salad?

I bet cabbage is high on the list..
You can buy it in Tesco's.... it's a bag of salad and inside is a smaller bag of salad and inside that an even smaller bag of salad and so on...
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
You can buy it in Tesco's.... it's a bag of salad and inside is a smaller bag of salad and inside that an even smaller bag of salad and so on...
Ha!
No that's Matryoshka salad silly!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 08:14 PM

Ha!
No that's Matryoshka salad silly!
You can serve it with Da Da sauce.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 08:14 PM

Ooh What's in a Russian salad?

I bet cabbage is high on the list..
Equal parts of everything..surely...
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Both of which are full of rabbit food - ergh yuk !!! give me the rabbit and I'll make a tasty rabbit stew instead !!!
give me bbq'd rabbits with my Russian Salad отвали comrade.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
LD you never fail to bring a smile to my face. You should be a writer!
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
LD you never fail to bring a smile to my face. You should be a writer!
You and me both Annie!

Shall we do a Dongle share?

Mind you it might end up as half a day each, every week, with everyone else to consider too....
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

27-05-2019, 09:47 PM

Mind you...
We have a few stars in here

We could rotate them?

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top