Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2020, 11:32 AM

Strange Morning

I was just walking along a street in a local town and I observed an old dear with a walking stick come out of a house, and shuffle down the road in front of me. On passing her she spoke, I asked her to repeat what she said, and she said, "have you got a phone, I am not well my chest hurts and my stomach", so I did a 999, the ambulance service asked for our location, then, asked me to hand the phone to the lady to confirm her condition, she then handed the phone back to me. Well, you can understand my concern with what is happening at the moment. The ambulance service then phoned me back, the short and tall of it was I managed to get her back into her property, and told the next door but two neighbour to keep and eye on her until the ambulance arrived.
The guy said to me, oh no not again, she has the ambulance out about four times a week, this reassured me a bit, but when I got home, I cleaned the phone with disinfectant (and the car door handle, steering wheel etc).
Its never been more risky being a good Samaritan.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2020, 11:43 AM

Re: Strange Morning

Bless you Spitty, you still did the right thing. You didn't know that she may have been an NHS time-waster rather than some poor soul who was genuinely ill and in need of help. So kudos to you for your good Samaritan act of kindness. You did what I hope most of us would also do.

Mind you, I would also have done a good scrub of the car too! Best to be careful.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2020, 11:48 AM

SG I was conscious she did not seem to be having breathing difficulties, and under normal circumstances, a person would not have to think twice in such a situation.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

09-03-2020, 11:48 AM

its like that Thread "Being put on the Spot"
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2020, 11:59 AM

Well done Spitty, good on 'yer.. 👍
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2020, 12:31 PM

These days I would not have got involved in any way and put as much distance between myself and her as quickly as I could. Now more than ever it has to be a case of risk evasion and reduction all of the time. It may offend some (many?) but one has to think in terms of "better her than me".
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2020, 01:07 PM

Full marks to you Spitty for stopping to help the dear lady, especially with the virus concerns all around us.

Good on you for disinfecting your car and phone after ..... you never know.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2020, 02:23 PM

I can imagine your concerns but you put her before your own concerns for your safety and to me that speaks volumes about the sort of man you are.

You did right deep cleaning and sanitising.

My hopes that your fears are unfounded and both you and the old dear are OK.

Big hugs for you
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2020, 03:59 PM

Kudos, Spitfire for putting others before you. You didn't know she's a drag on the NHS, you responded to a perceived emergency - well done you.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2020, 05:46 PM

I would have helped her too.
Well done Spitty.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top