Join for free
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 12:14 PM

Re: Homelessness

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
No it isn't. You don't know anything about why a person lives on the streets, so making a sweeping statement like that is absolute tosh.

Wow!!...you’re coming out of your shell..
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
People who chose to live on the streets by their life choices certainly DO deserve everything that results from their decisions.

Some have mental health issues, Bro,

Don’t know how to make the right decision.

I do agree that there is a lot of help out there.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Some have mental health issues, Bro,
THAT is a very good point.

However people can be "sanctioned" and assessed. In that process appropriate treatment can be decided upon.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 12:20 PM

American finance companies buying up properties is another issue. It's happening here too with the banks

https://www.foxnews.com/media/blackr...home-ownership
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 12:22 PM

However people can be "sanctioned" and assessed. In that process appropriate treatment can be decided upon.
Sanctioned or sectioned?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

14-07-2021, 12:23 PM

Yes they can be sectioned..and assessed.. there are quite a few here in Newbury during the day.

In some of the empty shop entrances they have their duvets and sleeping bags.

Is it seriously their choice to live like that?

I think the booze and drugs have taken such a hold, they can’t handle discipline and order in some of these charity run hostels.

Hence they would rather live on the street?

You are right when you say there is a lot of help out there for them.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Sanctioned or sectioned?
Knowing Basil Dex he probably means vivisectioned.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

14-07-2021, 12:29 PM

I have actually befriended a homeless man who I believe to be a homeless here in Newbury, I see him once a fortnight, an avid reader, he is usually in the same spot, no sign of him today...last time I saw him he looked dreadfully frail.

I like to tread carefully with him, but I would like to know if he actually is homeless, if he is here next time I visit, I may try and get round to asking him.

I hope he is ok, probably go down to same spot tomorrow..just to see if he’s there, I know I shouldn’t but I always give him £10.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Knowing Basil Dex he probably means vivisectioned.
Not while there is such a shortage of organs for transplant, but offer some inducement to take part in clinical trials might actually not be a bad idea.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

14-07-2021, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I have actually befriended a homeless man who I believe to be a homeless here in Newbury, I see him once a fortnight, an avid reader, he is usually in the same spot, no sign of him today.

I like to tread carefully with him, but I would like to know if he actually is homeless, if he is here next time I visit, I may try and get round to asking him.

I hope he is ok, probably go down to same spot tomorrow..just to see if he’s there, I know I shouldn’t but I always give him £10.
A word of unasked for but very genuine advice. KEEP YOUR NOSE OUT and definitely give no money. Doing what you're doing is potentially VERY dangerous.

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top