Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
BoyRacer
Scotland,UK
BoyRacer is male  BoyRacer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2014, 09:12 PM

Re: Money CAN buy Happiness

adult picture hosting
donnamarie
RI, USA
donnamarie is female 

27-11-2014, 04:30 PM

It sure can buy less worry!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2014, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by donnamarie ->
It sure can buy less worry!
Yes - that's about it for me, not interested in the other stuff
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2014, 06:14 AM

I've just spent the last three weeks with "monied" people. It's like a different world, but can't say they seem happier than I am. They are able to choose to do things many people never have the chance to do. I like to think they appreciate it.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2014, 09:03 AM

Since my last post on this thread I have downsized. I made a few shillings and am now using them to make others happy. The chap who knocked out a crappy gas fire and put a wood burner in,the ladies who are making my curtains(still waiting)soon a kitchen fitter-who listens to me rather than thinking`Country Life`and finally a decorator. It`s a potentially nice little bungalow-just needs a bit of sprucing up.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2014, 11:39 AM

I live very frugally and have little need for material possessions, more is the pity as I would love to have that excitement of purchasing something new again like I used to do, be it a car, motorbike, even a fishing rod or something - anything, but nah; just grateful to have a roof over my head, warmth and food on the table along with very little money worries - job done .
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2014, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
I live very frugally and have little need for material possessions, more is the pity as I would love to have that excitement of purchasing something new again like I used to do, be it a car, motorbike, even a fishing rod or something - anything, but nah; just grateful to have a roof over my head, warmth and food on the table along with very little money worries - job done .
You can't ask for more than that.
donnamarie
RI, USA
donnamarie is female 

01-12-2014, 02:33 AM

I learned to live frugally out of necessity; it helps you appreciate the things that others may take for granted. Not to look for sympathy, but I had holes in my underwear one year when I was a young girl. My parents told me they couldn't afford to buy me new ones....well fine, I grabbed my mothers sewing tin and darned my panties. That Christmas I got some new ones.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top