Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2021, 09:33 PM

Training

How do you feel about training, some folks have made a living out of it. Would your life have been enhanced with a bit of "training", have the "Trainers" been life enhanced? Are some folks more susceptible to training than others?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2021, 10:08 PM

Re: Training

I can only refer to when I was with BT. They are all a lot of BS.
PooBear
United Kingdom
PooBear is male  PooBear has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2021, 11:34 AM

I undertook the HCITB trainers course and that has stood me in good stead for the last 45 years.

Not only has it taught me to train others, but more importantly to be able dissect an overall task into manageable 'bite size' pieces that will stick in the trainee's mind and not be forgotten.

My mind has become more analytical as a result and I can now more easily see my way through problems than I could before.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2021, 11:46 AM

The best training comes from actually doing whatever it is you are training for. The vast majority of modern day training is a load of rubbish and bears no relation to the job. Bits of paper have been replaced by pc files.

Some of my work training involves whole sections on how to include blacks, lesbians and gays.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2021, 11:51 AM

Training in life is an absolute necessity, not just in work or careers but in life in general. How would we progress as a species without training, from the basic training of language and communication skills and everything that follows from that on a human level, then from schooling to working to a full career development.

Training is just part and parcel of living, in every sense.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2021, 12:09 PM

Training should not be confused with education. Since the Blair redefinition of art schools, tech schools, polytechs etc as universities sadly such is no longer the case.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2021, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Training in life is an absolute necessity, not just in work or careers but in life in general. How would we progress as a species without training, from the basic training of language and communication skills and everything that follows from that on a human level, then from schooling to working to a full career development.

Training is just part and parcel of living, in every sense.
Sounds like you are talking about the "university of life" Barry ?

Donkeyman! 👍🤗👍
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2021, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Training should not be confused with education. Since the Blair redefinition of art schools, tech schools, polytechs etc as universities sadly such is no longer the case.
👍👍👍 !!

Donkeyman! 🤗🤗
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

12-05-2021, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
How do you feel about training, some folks have made a living out of it. Would your life have been enhanced with a bit of "training", have the "Trainers" been life enhanced? Are some folks more susceptible to training than others?
Who trained you Spitty ?
You have a wide spread of skills and interests, l doubt that one
person or institution could have imparted all that REAL knowledge
to you ??

Donkeyman! 👍🤔👍
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2021, 04:21 PM

I've been a trainee and a trainer in my working life. There's nothing like the legal buzz you get from passing on all the knowledge gained from over 40 years in one industry.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top