Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2019, 11:28 PM

Heart burn

I have such terrible heart burn this evening I was beginning to think it was something worse .
It’s not something I get often .
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2019, 11:35 PM

Re: Heart burn

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I have such terrible heart burn this evening I was beginning to think it was something worse .
It’s not something I get often .
Hi

Omeprazole is the answer.

Get it checked out though by your GP.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2019, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Omeprazole is the answer.

Get it checked out though by your GP.

I understood Omeprazole was to protect tummy's and help prevent stomach ulcers, Swim?
Is it for heartburn as well?

Muddy, if it gets really bad, I suggest you ring 111 for advice, seeing as you don't normally suffer with this problem.
Meanwhile, have you any Gaviscon in the house?

Hope you feel better soon.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2019, 11:56 PM

Bi-Carb isn't too bad as a remedy if you haven't got the usual stuff such as Rennies, Gaviscon, etc.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2019, 12:07 AM

Nexium or Nexazole is good too. But not for long term use.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2019, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I understood Omeprazole was to protect tummy's and help prevent stomach ulcers, Swim?

Muddy, if it gets really bad, I suggest you ring 111 for advice, seeing as you don't normally suffer with this problem.

Omeprazole is a good antacid. I was prescribed it for bad indigestion when I was taken to hospital with chest pain. I thought I was having heart attack but it was excessive stomach acid .
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2019, 12:12 AM

Muddy I hope you are ok. Please let us know xx
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2019, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Omeprazole is a good antacid. I was prescribed it for bad indigestion when I was taken to hospital with chest pain. I thought I was having heart attack but it was excessive stomach acid .

I didn't know that, Queenie.

Apologies Swim.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2019, 12:42 AM

Apple cider vinegar works for me but check with your doctor
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2019, 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

Hi

Here you go Mups.

https://www.nhs.uk/medicines/omeprazole/

It is very good for acid reflux , heartburn.

It is one of a cocktail of medication I take following my injury at work 30 years ago and other injuries

In addition to the injury to my leg, I have also suffered internal injuries, which are now coming back to bite me.

Surgery in those days was much less advanced than it is now.

I have so much shrapnel in me I cannot have an MRI Scan, CT only.

Off topic, but I hope this explains my constant banging off about Border Control and Terrorists.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top