Join for free
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2019, 12:24 PM

Cameras watching the House - Front & Rear

Just installed a camera at the front, and another at the rear.

Superb High quality pictures (clips) of the postman, this morning, and a giant greedy seagull, in the back garden, - which half emptied my bird feeders.

Now might have to buy a rifle!

But mustn't hurt the birds!

Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2019, 12:34 PM

Re: Cameras watching the House - Front & Rear

Wired or battery operated wireless?

Have been thinking of getting a wireless camera so I can check with my phone when I'm away.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2019, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Wired or battery operated wireless?

Have been thinking of getting a wireless camera so I can check with my phone when I'm away.
These are Blink cameras bought on Amazon (good price on "special price days".)

Mine has two cameras and a Sync Box (blink XT2) - lower levels don't do sound.

You can get one to 5 cameras depending on what you want to pay.

The Sync Box plugs in to the mains.

The Cameras are provided with Lithium AA batteries, 1.5 volt, which users say will last up to 2 years depending on how you use the kit. Batteries are about a pound each to buy and you need only 2 per camera.

It all hooks in to your wifi and you can run it, or just look at it, from anywhere in the world.

If something moves, within the range of about 20 yards, your mobile gives you a notification and , on mine I can see what the two cameras are showing.

You can adjust the sensitivity - via the mibile app - which should let me forget the birds.

Only draw back, as in the reviews, is that the sound is fairly poor. Apparently you can get better but at much more expense.

If I press the button, and speak to a visitor, it's low volume.

I'm enjoying this - watched a moth flying round, last night, it triggered the camera! - Will be adjusting that!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2019, 02:08 PM

Not too concerned with sound, just the bastards who come sneaking round during the day when I'm at work.

Cheers for the info, will look into those.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2019, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
These are Blink cameras bought on Amazon (good price on "special price days".)

Mine has two cameras and a Sync Box (blink XT2) - lower levels don't do sound.

You can get one to 5 cameras depending on what you want to pay.

The Sync Box plugs in to the mains.

The Cameras are provided with Lithium AA batteries, 1.5 volt, which users say will last up to 2 years depending on how you use the kit. Batteries are about a pound each to buy and you need only 2 per camera.

It all hooks in to your wifi and you can run it, or just look at it, from anywhere in the world.

If something moves, within the range of about 20 yards, your mobile gives you a notification and , on mine I can see what the two cameras are showing.

You can adjust the sensitivity - via the mibile app - which should let me forget the birds.

Only draw back, as in the reviews, is that the sound is fairly poor. Apparently you can get better but at much more expense.

If I press the button, and speak to a visitor, it's low volume.

I'm enjoying this - watched a moth flying round, last night, it triggered the camera! - Will be adjusting that!
Are you expected to put up one of those ridiculous signs warning poor old Mr Burglar that he is on camera?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2019, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Are you expected to put up one of those ridiculous signs warning poor old Mr Burglar that he is on camera?
I did see these wireless security cameras can be hacked into. Something worth checking out before buying. think it may be the same for those used outside
Link

https://www.which.co.uk/news/2019/10...nto-your-home/
Tedc
Berkshire, UK

13-12-2019, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
I did see these wireless security cameras can be hacked into. Something worth checking out before buying. think it may be the same for those used outside
Link

https://www.which.co.uk/news/2019/10...nto-your-home/
They are on wifi and wifi can reach out into your gardens, etc.

But it's there whether you have a camera or not.

Protect.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top