Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2019, 11:59 AM

Re: DNA from Stone Age woman obtained 6,000 years on

Originally Posted by summer ->
Blimey a million years....I wonder what lies hidden in those melting glaciers
I think they have already found preserved human remains in ice & peat bogs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%96tzi

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bog_body

In ice top & below in peat bogs.

This is fascinating reading.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2019, 12:22 PM

The "story" of Ötzi (aged 5000+), in particular, I revisit annually, since his death is surrounded by so much speculation.

swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2019, 12:38 PM

Hi

She would have been wearing clothes at that time, the temperature was too low to do otherwise.
Savvy
United States
Savvy is male  Savvy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 10:54 PM

I believe that our DNA is the "real" us. All species struggle to push their DNA into the future and to approach immortality. Our bodies are just vehicles, we eat to stay alive and have sex to reproduce all to the benefit of the DNA. If we are successful, we pass the DNA on to the next generation, if not, we are dead ends. It makes more sense than the immortality offered by religion.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 11:36 PM

Animals do the same, all animals, Savvy. We had to bring in a reason for it all, animals just live, reproduce & die.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2020, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Savvy ->
I believe that our DNA is the "real" us. All species struggle to push their DNA into the future and to approach immortality. Our bodies are just vehicles, we eat to stay alive and have sex to reproduce all to the benefit of the DNA. If we are successful, we pass the DNA on to the next generation, if not, we are dead ends. It makes more sense than the immortality offered by religion.
That idea of evolution by genes (= DNA) was already spouted around when I studied biology in the seventies. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Selfish_Gene
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2020, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Animals do the same, all animals, Savvy. We had to bring in a reason for it all, animals just live, reproduce & die.
Plants, bacteria and fungi do the same. Before I eat my salad I give it last rites.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

02-01-2020, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Plants, bacteria and fungi do the same. Before I eat my salad I give it last rites.
Yes, they are living creatures too.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2020, 09:43 AM

For goodness sake don't tell my vegetarian daughter that she will end up with nothing at all to eat....Poor Mr Lettuce
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

03-01-2020, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Originally Posted by summer ->
For goodness sake don't tell my vegetarian daughter that she will end up with nothing at all to eat....Poor Mr Lettuce

It is life Jim, but not as we know it.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top