Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2019, 01:49 PM

Re: High Street v online prices

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
There's a world of difference between some products leaking onto Amazon directly and it being normal practice. Even major retail outlets occasionally have some fakes entering the procurement route.
Hi

8% is not the occasional leak.

The US Courts found Amazon liable this year, there is a move to do so here.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2019, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

8% is not the occasional leak.

The US Courts found Amazon liable this year, there is a move to do so here.
8% of trade goods or 8% of turnover. That makes a huge difference as does where in the world trade took place.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2019, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Well they might be these these are not fakes these are Faber Castell a reknown maker of artists materials .
I know of Faber Castell.
But, but less than half the price, I'd be a little surprised if they were the real thing.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2019, 07:34 PM

Yes I was surprised but they are not fakes .
Amazon would not condone fake Faber -Castell too well known.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2019, 02:54 PM

Folks not heard of manufacturing over-runs and how they are disposed of? Or wholesale distributors inventory clearances? There's a lot of businesses that exist to handle such things into the "grey" marketplace. It's all kosher stuff but released under certain terms such as an embargo on when it can be released into the irregular wholesale market and from there into irregular retail markets such as (for one) eBay.

OK a Rolex for a couple of hundred squid is obviously going to probably be a bit naughty but a Cross pen for a tenner rather than £60+ is probably going to be 100% legit.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2019, 06:46 PM

I have got them and they are definitely not fakes .
Will see how I get on with them

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top