Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2019, 11:05 PM

Interesting take on climate change

Why don't we hear scientists like this on the 'Unbiased' media....?

https://judithcurry.com/2019/12/14/t...limate-change/
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2019, 11:24 PM

Re: Interesting take on climate change

It maybe Time, not the Climate, who knows?
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2019, 09:58 PM

Think about this one. 45,000 years ago, much of the earth was in the grip of the last ice age. Northern Europe, Asia, and most of North America lay covered in ice up to a mile thick. In the normal course of events, the earth gradually warmed, the ice melted and has been doing so ever since. Humans had zero impact of these events. In my opinion, and the opinion of all rational scientists, the earth goes through cycles of freezing, then warming. If, repeat IF, the earth is going to warm further, then there is nothing we can do about it. The earth is going to do what it is going to do, whether humans inhabit this petty planet or not.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2019, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Why don't we hear scientists like this on the 'Unbiased' media....?

https://judithcurry.com/2019/12/14/t...limate-change/
Interesting article. What I also find interesting is that so many people take the threat of climate change in such a personal and hysterical way! This isn't restricted to climate change but applies to anything which could conceivably be perceived as dangerous - is there some global increase in neuroticism?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2019, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
Interesting article. What I also find interesting is that so many people take the threat of climate change in such a personal and hysterical way! This isn't restricted to climate change but applies to anything which could conceivably be perceived as dangerous - is there some global increase in neuroticism?
I agree. I can't believe that some people, like the one in the original article, actually believe that they are going to die because of climate change.

The only answer is that they have been completely brainwashed and their minds are incapable of making logical decisions for themselves.

Sad, really.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2019, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I agree. I can't believe that some people, like the one in the original article, actually believe that they are going to die because of climate change.

The only answer is that they have been completely brainwashed and their minds are incapable of making logical decisions for themselves.

Sad, really.
I agree. But I accept that climate is changing to some extent by human activities. Yes, it has changed over various periods. But it is the current rate of change that is ringing bells.

Sure, we are doing things to mitigate the effects. Burning less fossil fuels, more energy efficient techniques. Can we reverse the trend?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2019, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
I agree. But I accept that climate is changing to some extent by human activities. Yes, it has changed over various periods. But it is the current rate of change that is ringing bells.

Sure, we are doing things to mitigate the effects. Burning less fossil fuels, more energy efficient techniques. Can we reverse the trend?
The important thing for the eco-warriors to grasp is that nothing we do in this country will make the slightest difference.

We all know which countries need to make changes, yet Greta and her followers daren't go there for some reason!
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2019, 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
I totally agree. It is quite clear to me that so many people (of a certain political belief persuasion) accept what their leaders say, without any attempt to ascertain for themselves, the actual truth.

Taking smoking for example: There is a widely broadcast anti-smoking commercial in California, which shows a young woman standing on her balcony smoking a cigarette. The smoke travels up to the next floor, through an open window, across the living-room, down a long hallway, turns a corner and into an open door and enters a baby's bedroom. The smoke then hovers over the baby's crib. The infant inhales the smoke and the baby coughs.
That ridiculous commercial is designed to do one thing: cause panic in the minds of the public... the actual truth be damned.
pathfinder
scotland
pathfinder is male  pathfinder has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2019, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Think about this one. 45,000 years ago, much of the earth was in the grip of the last ice age. Northern Europe, Asia, and most of North America lay covered in ice up to a mile thick. In the normal course of events, the earth gradually warmed, the ice melted and has been doing so ever since. Humans had zero impact of these events. In my opinion, and the opinion of all rational scientists, the earth goes through cycles of freezing, then warming. If, repeat IF, the earth is going to warm further, then there is nothing we can do about it. The earth is going to do what it is going to do, whether humans inhabit this petty planet or not.
I agree
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2019, 09:48 AM

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top