Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2020, 08:40 PM

Re: Interesting take on climate change

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Even accepting that scientists are correct in their assumptions (not indisputable proof), why is everybody accusing us? Whereas you are one of the top three nations in the world when it comes to pollution, we in the UK are well down the list, yet Greta and her brigade seem to prefer to concentrate on us!
I think the evidence is now indisputable and every country should do whatever they can as soon as possible.

There are plenty of countries which have far greater pollution than the UK, but it would be politically and personally unwise for Greta (and her brigade) to visit.

I think any fool - whatever their proficiency in spelling - can see the evidence for themselves and realise that action should be taken now!!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2020, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
In nature species come and go. May the cause be nature or human. The dodo became extinct because humans ate them all. Has anyone really missed the dodo ever since? Became humans extinct because there were no dodo's to eat. Life adepts to the limit, and the human species has proved to be able to adept to many extreme conditions. From cold to hot, from dry to very wet.
But should, at some time in the future, the climate become so extreme as to be hostile to human life, another species will take our place. Perhaps insects? Or if the seas cover the earth, the dolphin might be a good successor. Very intelligent, going by their brains (larger, more complex than human brains), having a language to communicate. They seem to tell each other that god created them in his image.
Hello Solly, nice to meet you here!
A small point about the dodo, didnt it become extinct because it
couldnt fly to escape the human invaders?
If it could fly, maybe would have escaped and survived, and maybe
its extinction could be blamed on a design fault? TIC of course!
Donkeyman!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2020, 08:54 PM

Even educated Americans know how to write like an adult and not a trendy young person.
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=nite

PS, please check your own spelling as well!
Duly checked JBR, I apologise, my only excuse is arthritis! LOL

Donkeyman!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2020, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Hello Solly, nice to meet you here!
A small point about the dodo, didnt it become extinct because it
couldnt fly to escape the human invaders?
If it could fly, maybe would have escaped and survived, and maybe
its extinction could be blamed on a design fault? TIC of course!
Donkeyman!
To take your example. Over time the ability to fly got lost, because it wasn't needed. If evolution hadn't been advanced this far, there would have been specimen that could still fly, and specimen that couldn't. Then the flyers would have survived while the non_flyers would be eaten. Survival of the fittest (= best adapted) as its called.
After a time the species dodo would consist of only flyers.

But, do you donate money to save the tiger in india? I don't. If human expansion claims so much jungle that tigers are driven to extinction, that for me is a simple fact of nature.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2020, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
There are plenty of countries which have far greater pollution than the UK, but it would be politically and personally unwise for Greta (and her brigade) to visit.
Exactly!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2020, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
I think any fool - whatever their proficiency in spelling - can see the evidence for themselves and realise that action should be taken now!!
OK, I accept that I must, then, be a fool because, to be perfectly honest, I really don't feel at all worried for some reason.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

02-01-2020, 09:07 PM

Duly checked JBR, I apologise, my only excuse is arthritis! LOL

Yes, I have the same problem, but in my case it's down to advancing years.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

02-01-2020, 09:12 PM

Yes, I have the same problem, but in my case it's down to advancing years.
I have a double problem then!
Donkeyman!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

02-01-2020, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
To take your example. Over time the ability to fly got lost, because it wasn't needed. If evolution hadn't been advanced this far, there would have been specimen that could still fly, and specimen that couldn't. Then the flyers would have survived while the non_flyers would be eaten. Survival of the fittest (= best adapted) as its called.
After a time the species dodo would consist of only flyers.

But, do you donate money to save the tiger in india? I don't. If human expansion claims so much jungle that tigers are driven to extinction, that for me is a simple fact of nature.
You are quite correct according to Darwin! But l have another
question Solly, why cant ostriches fly?
Theres a joke there somewhere! Donkeyman !
PS, not a fact of nature, a fact of human encroachment! or are
you suggesting that humans are natural ?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2020, 09:59 PM

You are quite correct according to Darwin! But l have another
question Solly, why cant ostriches fly?
Theres a joke there somewhere! Donkeyman !
PS, not a fact of nature, a fact of human encroachment! or are
you suggesting that humans are natural ?
I think the laws of nature apply to humans too. Otherwise anti-wrinkle creme would have effect.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top