Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2019, 11:23 AM

Re: Oh No! John Bercow Didn’t Get A Knighthood In The Queen’s New Year Honours...

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
No. It represents the utter disgust that the vast majority of the people feel towards the man for a number of very good reasons. Bercow the very antithesis of what our government is intended to be.

It is absolutely the right course of action.
It is indeed. What did the little gnome expect. He used to walk into the Commons looking around smiling at people as if he felt he was universally respected. That image used to make me feel sick.

Now he's making money by public speaking. I suppose there are always a few who are willing to pay to listen to his biased tripe.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2019, 12:55 PM

Re: Oh No! John Bercow Didn’t Get A Knighthood In The Queen’s New Year Honours...

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
This is truly a disaster! Wherever, did he go wrong?
Should we set up a petition...Surely he deserved a knighthood?
But he'll probably get one next year when all the media have forgoten him. Not long to wait for the cushy number
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2019, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
But he'll probably get one next year when all the media have forgoten him. Not long to wait for the cushy number
Bercow will not be forgotten let alone forgiven for a number of generations and nor should he be.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2019, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Bercow will not be forgotten let alone forgiven for a number of generations and nor should he be.
Hope you are right but my cynical side says that (If I may be allowed to quote Harold Wilson) "A week is a long time in politics"

A year (or two) is a very long time We'll see but just to make it crystal clear I don't want to see him go to the Lords, there are few places he could go to but I better not write them on here
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2019, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
Hope you are right but my cynical side says that (If I may be allowed to quote Harold Wilson) "A week is a long time in politics"

A year (or two) is a very long time We'll see but just to make it crystal clear I don't want to see him go to the Lords, there are few places he could go to but I better not write them on here
He may have a cushy job lined up in the EU just like Neil Kinnock who leapt aboard the gravy train.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2019, 09:01 PM

Well, I liked him.
He kept those overgrown, idiotic schoolkids in blue under control during PMQs.
I hope the replacement doesn't give in to their incessant, juvenile, bullying, caterwauling and makes Mogg sit up straight!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2020, 11:25 PM

I see the `Little Gnome` has been spending tax-payers money like it's going out of fashion. The amount of claimed expenses is eye-watering.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-51109296
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2020, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I see the `Little Gnome` has been spending tax-payers money like it's going out of fashion. The amount of claimed expenses is eye-watering.

Disgusting. I assume that there is no-one to check and approve his claims, and that this is not an uncommon practice in those circles.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2020, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->

Nothing wrong with him that a much deserved encounter with a jihadi Jonh wouldn't put right :thumbup:
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

15-01-2020, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by longdriver ->
nothing wrong with him that a much deserved encounter with a jihadi jonh wouldn't put right :thumbup:

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top