Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2020, 05:15 PM

Re: Tinitus

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Yes, certainly.

I blame my hearing loss on Emerson, Lake and Palmer!
That's a point. Whenever I saw them live, they were rather loud for a 3-piece. Whenever I play their music (also Pink Floyd, et al) I've always got my headphones on rather a high setting too so, perhaps, my tinnitus is quite possibly self-inflicted.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2020, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
That's a point. Whenever I saw them live, they were rather loud for a 3-piece. Whenever I play their music (also Pink Floyd, et al) I've always got my headphones on rather a high setting too so, perhaps, my tinnitus is quite possibly self-inflicted.
I agree. I was only half-joking, to be honest. No-one but myself to blame, of course.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2020, 08:16 PM

I had no idea so many had this irritating problem . I think it just becomes part of daily life.

Oh no it's doing it again and getting louder because I'm back on the thread ....I've got to go

longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2020, 05:31 PM

More the right than the left cannot remember a time without it in the back ground.
Sometimes it gets so loud that I cannot hear the missus speaking which is kind of a plus in certain case's.

I am off to my doctors in the morning a very rare visit but I will mention the tinnitus once again in passing. I know there is no cure but we can live in hope.

I have had times in the past when I have felt like just shoving a pencil right into my ear and buggering up my eardrum with the hope it may stop.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2020, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
More the right than the left cannot remember a time without it in the back ground.
Sometimes it gets so loud that I cannot hear the missus speaking which is kind of a plus in certain case's.

I am off to my doctors in the morning a very rare visit but I will mention the tinnitus once again in passing. I know there is no cure but we can live in hope.
No, not that I could find. When I worked in a hospital, I remember hearing that one of the anaesthetists was experimenting with acupuncture. He did have some success, I believe. Unfortunately, when I persuaded him to stick his pins in me I'm afraid a cure did not occur.

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
I have had times in the past when I have felt like just shoving a pencil right into my ear and buggering up my eardrum with the hope it may stop.
I shouldn't do that! As I mentioned earlier, tinnitus comes from much further in the ear or, possibly, even within the brain. I suppose you could scoop out some of your brain, though!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2020, 08:13 PM

People do do terrible things to try and stop the noise .
It is thought that Vincent Van Gogh May have had tinnitus hence the reason he cut off his ear
cuphalffull
North East UK
cuphalffull is female  cuphalffull has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2020, 08:30 PM

My tinnitus is musical brought on by opioid based med's.
https://www.tinnitus.org.uk/musical-hallucination
I get quite a selection, from national anthems to opera. Now that I know what it is I don't mind.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

26-01-2020, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
People do do terrible things to try and stop the noise .
It is thought that Vincent Van Gogh May have had tinnitus hence the reason he cut off his ear
Interesting point. I hadn't thought of that, but it's quite believable.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 01:32 PM

My screeching noise seems to come from my head rather than from inside my ears . Today its really loud and high as I've just driven home from Devon , now I'm home and quiet its determined to drive me mad . On goes my classical music as it helps
cuphalffull
North East UK
cuphalffull is female  cuphalffull has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 04:05 PM

I am sorry to read that susan m, I realize I am lucky. Hugs.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top