Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2020, 05:23 PM

Re: It Begins ... Free Speech Becoming a Crime in the EU

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Never mind what that lot in the EU get up to....
7 days until freedom

and an update from a political correspondent.

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2020, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Wasn't that boris johnson last year august, who told his ministers that if they wanted to remain on his team they had to spread the word of brexit? And last week told his new crew not to give interviews etc? Sounds like a form of censorship, don't you think?
Boris is not asking the general public not to give interviews Solasch, he is expecting loyalty from his team and not be stabbed in the back like he has been so many times before by so called colleagues and friends....
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2020, 05:59 PM

7 days until freedom

If you are true to your call-up you will blame the EU no more.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Blamelaying.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	11482  
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2020, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Boris is not asking the general public not to give interviews Solasch, he is expecting loyalty from his team and not be stabbed in the back like he has been so many times before by so called colleagues and friends....

Any examples you can name?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

24-01-2020, 06:48 PM

7 days until freedom

Boris signed the withdrawal deal. Thursday next week the EU parliament will probably ratify it.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	ThinkstockPhotos-543471874.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	11483  
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2020, 07:02 PM

[/B]

Any examples you can name?

Michael Gove springs to mind ...

7 days to go
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

24-01-2020, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
7 days to go
You hang on, sonny! Be strong. I'm proud of you!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2020, 09:11 PM

If you are true to your call-up you will blame the EU no more.
It's only the bureaucracy of the EU we are leaving Solasch, not our friends in Europe.....Where we hope to still be a part...

Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

24-01-2020, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
It's only the bureaucracy of the EU we are leaving Solasch, not our friends in Europe.....Where we hope to still be a part...

When a friend prepares to do something foolish, you try to persuade him with all your might. If he doesn't want to listen you can either turn your back and end the friendship. Or you can be there when or in case your friend needs you. In that light you should see the statements of people like verhofstadt and timmermans.
The same goes for me. I respect your democratic choice to leave, but will not stop calling it for what I think it is. Not to denounce you, but in the hope to prepare you for what is coming. The more since I see the UK was, and is, not preparing enough.
And when the times come where the effects of brexit become obvious, I will remind you of the cause, not to gloat, but to point the direction where the solution lies.
In the netherlands, when they agree to disagree, they say: "even goeie vrienden", meaning it doesn't influence our friendship. So in that spirit, even goeie vrienden.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

24-01-2020, 10:17 PM

When a friend prepares to do something foolish, you try to persuade him with all your might. If he doesn't want to listen you can either turn your back and end the friendship. Or you can be there when or in case your friend needs you. In that light you should see the statements of people like verhofstadt and timmermans.
The same goes for me. I respect your democratic choice to leave, but will not stop calling it for what I think it is. Not to denounce you, but in the hope to prepare you for what is coming. The more since I see the UK was, and is, not preparing enough.
And when the times come where the effects of brexit become obvious, I will remind you of the cause, not to gloat, but to point the direction where the solution lies.
In the netherlands, when they agree to disagree, they say: "even goeie vrienden", meaning it doesn't influence our friendship. So in that spirit, even goeie vrienden.
Thank you Solasch, and I return the sentiment and will reciprocate when, and if, the EU collapses and leaves you up the proverbial creek without a paddle. In fact, history shows that the Netherlands and England have always had a special friendship. Especially during the Plague called the Black Death, when only Dutch ships would travel up the River Thames to bring supplies when everyone else turned their back on us.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top