Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2020, 07:53 PM

How Many Do You Think Will Come To Your Funeral?

I went to a funeral this morning, well, it was described as, ‘A Celebration Of Life’.
It was held at the local crematorium and l am not sure they envisaged just how many would attend.
The queue outside went down a long path, along the road and around the corner. It was estimated at over 300 people.

Some of us had to watch the service in another two rooms beside the main chapel.

He was a very popular, local man who had the most wonderful smile that would light up a room.

It made me think, ‘l wonder how many will attend my funeral?’
My sister said, ‘It’s a shame, you can’t sit up in your coffin and have a look to see who’s there’!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2020, 07:56 PM

Re: How Many Do You Think Will Come To Your Funeral?

Not really bothered as I will be dead anyway, so won't enjoy any bun fight afterwards
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2020, 07:59 PM

Six.

Me. Four people to carry the coffin in, and one to light the furnace.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2020, 08:01 PM

Not many, Artangel. I plan not to have my death announced until my remains have been dealt with and my closest family members and friends have had time to say their farewells.

We did this for my dad at his request, and it worked very well. Delaying notification allowed us to focus on each other, grieve openly, and not have to act like hosts to those attending. It might sound selfish, but a loss of such magnitude is a deeply personal thing.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2020, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Not really bothered as I will be dead anyway, so won't enjoy any bun fight afterwards
I wondered if they would have enough food for everyone today but they seemed to.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

24-01-2020, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Six.

Me. Four people to carry the coffin in, and one to light the furnace.
Good reply there! So, no wake then?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2020, 08:06 PM

None - because I am not having a funeral/celebration of life/whatever - and will come back and haunt anyone who has the temerity to ignore my instructions!

I find the whole thing macabre and the only ones who benefit are the undertakers. There will be a wake - I am Irish after all - the money is already allocated for that!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2020, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Good reply there! So, no wake then?
Don't think I'd wake up after I've been set on fire.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

24-01-2020, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Not many, Artangel. I plan not to have my death announced until my remains have been dealt with and my closest family members and friends have had time to say their farewells.

We did this for my dad at his request, and it worked very well. Delaying notification allowed us to focus on each other, grieve openly, and not have to act like hosts to those attending. It might sound selfish, but a loss of such magnitude is a deeply personal thing.
Surfermom, l think a few people do that now and just keep it private.

When you get baptised or married, you send out invitations to people you’d like to be there, l don’t think anyone would just turn up like they do, to funerals.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

24-01-2020, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Don't think I'd wake up after I've been set on fire.
You are such a wit!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top