Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2020, 02:12 AM

Your Hero

Do you have a hero - male or female - that has inspired you greatly in your life?..Somebody who's words have given you a hook on which to hang life's meaning?..Or somebody who's deeds have deeply touched you or given you a role model to follow? Can be somebody famous or your next door neighbour. Doesn't matter who it is. I have several and I simply like to hear about those of others. Any kind of response is OK. If Homer Simpson is your hero, great. I still would like to know why. I'll start. My hero is my son. If I can end my life as good a man as he is already at 23 then I will rest easy. THat's all I'll say. Your turn.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2020, 02:17 AM

Re: Your Hero

No I had to make my own way growing up, noone inspired me
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2020, 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
No I had to make my own way growing up, noone inspired me
OK. I don't know whether to say That's sad or good on you for succeeding on your own. Both I guess. Next!
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2020, 03:55 AM

I think I would have to say my father. He was a policeman before I knew what was going on then a naval officer . I often wondered why I had inherited so many items with "From ship's company HMS XXX, until I got a copy of his naval records where I found a certain repetition of the comment "Bennett is an efficient officer but he spends too much time worrying about the welfare of his troops".
On my 21st birthday he sent me a letter which included the following "I hope the experiences that we had together help you when you grow up and deal with the world as an adult, be confident but kind to others especially the weak. Help those who need it in any way you can ."
Sadly he died in 1970 at the age of 55.
keezoy
Australia

25-01-2020, 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by Ciderman ->
I think I would have to say my father. He was a policeman before I knew what was going on then a naval officer . I often wondered why I had inherited so many items with "From ship's company HMS XXX, until I got a copy of his naval records where I found a certain repetition of the comment "Bennett is an efficient officer but he spends too much time worrying about the welfare of his troops".
On my 21st birthday he sent me a letter which included the following "I hope the experiences that we had together help you when you grow up and deal with the world as an adult, be confident but kind to others especially the weak. Help those who need it in any way you can ."
Sadly he died in 1970 at the age of 55.
He sounds like a very good man CM. And a great role model.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2020, 05:19 AM

I would say my father too.There are a few I admire for what they have brought to the world but he was my only hero.He was always calm and easygoing and never showed any anger or bitterness to anyone.Which was quite feat in our family.But he wasn't a push over,he had his principles and stuck to them.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2020, 08:31 AM

My hero would be my lovely Aunt Chriss. She delivered me, she was my Godmother, and without her I would never have known the meaning of the word 'Love'.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2020, 10:30 AM

My 'Hero' is an Irish domestic science teacher at school called Mrs True who inspired my love of cooking.

We weren't allowed to cook until we had hand stitched an apron and basket cover then we were allowed to progress to easy recipes and finally a 3 course lunch for invited members of staff and a Chrismas cake which was entered into the county cake decorating competition which I won .

Mrs True was always going on about the importance of 'garden goodness' and the uses of the freshest ingredients.
She also taught my sister who is an excellent home cook and makes celebration fruit cakes for the village.

We really need some Mrs Trues around now to teach cooking and home managment to the fast food generation.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2020, 11:00 AM

As a kid - Scott of Antarctic fame.

As a teen - Dr Salk of polio vaccine fame.

Today? Bibi.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2020, 12:04 PM

Mum and dad,8 of us he and mum worked hard to bring us up,didn't appreciate til long after they were gone.

Sir Robert the Charlton a finer sportsman I've yet to see.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top