Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2020, 08:42 AM

Re: Goodbye Schengen

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Oh how I wish you would understand the difference between Schengen and EU immigration rules.
Hi

I do, you don't.

We have only a few weeks to go until the end of Transition.

We disagree on it, one of us will be right.

I am still on the list, in spite of not being able to work again.

Boris is a disaster, worse than May.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2020, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I do, you don't.

Clearly you don't because your confusing the two. What list is this ? Don't tell me your going back to work in the civil service, thats all we need
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2020, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Oh how I wish you would understand the difference between Schengen and EU immigration rules.
Me too Bread, the level of ignorance seen here sometimes is boggling.

Can you imagine not realising the difference between a single country and a group of countries, for example?
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2020, 01:06 PM

Hi

I do, you don't.
Not according to your post you don't.

If by "a few weeks " you mean over seven, then yes.
I'd love to know how exactly you're going to determine who is right & who is wrong, please?
Because from your posting history I strongly suspect that no matter what happens you will be determined to call it a failure.

I'm almost afraid to ask "what list"?

You're kidding, right?

I'm not Boris's greatest fan but I will tell you this: if Boris does not cowtow to the EU (which May did throughout) and takes us out of the EU without the UK being in any way subservient to the EU he will earn not only my admiration but that of millions of other British people.

In addition if he then does the reforms he's suggested with the civil service; the House of Lords; with giving preference to UK firms for UK contracts; and more - he could reach the heady heights of actually being very highly regarded by a huge number not only here in Britain but across the world.

Saying he is a "disaster" when all he has done in reality so far is face the biggest crisis the whole world has ever seen at the same time as handling the divisions in the country caused by Brexit only goes to show how bigoted you are, and that is not a good look.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2020, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Not according to your post you don't.

I'd love to know how exactly you're going to determine who is right & who is wrong, please?
Because from your posting history I strongly suspect that no matter what happens you will be determined to call it a failure.

You're kidding, right?

I'm not Boris's greatest fan but I will tell you this: if Boris does not cowtow to the EU (which May did throughout) and takes us out of the EU without the UK being in any way subservient to the EU he will earn not only my admiration but that of millions of other British people.

In addition if he then does the reforms he's suggested with the civil service; the House of Lords; with giving preference to UK firms for UK contracts; and more - he could reach the heady heights of actually being very highly regarded by a huge number not only here in Britain but across the world.

Saying he is a "disaster" when all he has done in reality so far is face the biggest crisis the whole world has ever seen at the same time as handling the divisions in the country caused by Brexit only goes to show how bigoted you are, and that is not a good look.
Completely in agreement with you on this. Boris is not my favourite either but he is trying to do what the public voted him in to do, get the UK out of the EU and not be a subservient of the EU and he is
doing it in my opinion.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2020, 03:08 PM

Hi

Boris renegotiated the Withdrawal Agreement.

It was bad enough when May did it.

Boris made it worse and then reneged on it, breaking International Law.

Boris is an idiot, just accept it
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2020, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by zaphod ->
not according to your post you don't.

Because from your posting history i strongly suspect that no matter what happens you will be determined to call it a failure.

You're kidding, right?

I'm not boris's greatest fan but i will tell you this: If boris does not cowtow to the eu (which may did throughout) and takes us out of the eu without the uk being in any way subservient to the eu he will earn not only my admiration but that of millions of other british people.

In addition if he then does the reforms he's suggested with the civil service; the house of lords; with giving preference to uk firms for uk contracts; and more - he could reach the heady heights of actually being very highly regarded by a huge number not only here in britain but across the world.

Saying he is a "disaster" when all he has done in reality so far is face the biggest crisis the whole world has ever seen at the same time as handling the divisions in the country caused by brexit only goes to show how bigoted you are, and that is not a good look.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2020, 03:46 PM

Hi

Your forgetting the instances what brought this about. The Withdrawal Agreement, under May's tenure was voted against 3 times which ultimately caused her time PM to come to an end. Boris was voted in by the conservative party and he went about making amendment's to the WA but again it failed to get the support it required to be able to push it through parliament. Only when he won the election with a large majority was he able to get the WA signed off. BUT what you need to stop and remember is that Cameron started it, May tried to finish it but couldn't. There is no way Boris would be able to throw out the WA and start from a fresh. He had to work with a bad hand already dealt to him by Cameron and May.

The wheels in motion for the WA had already started with Cameron and then May, the wheels could not be stopped and thus when Boris came to power, he had no choice but to find a way to stop the wheels from turning. He did so. Boris is not an idiot in this regards. He was dealt an impossible position he could not get out of. The fault for the WA is totally and fully on Cameron and May.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

07-11-2020, 03:53 PM

Hi

Nope.

Boris was put in a position because of the gross incompetence of the last "mob" and could not move forward any further without doing as he did (it's called "politics" Swim. )

Plus I hate to tell you this but - as the EU is well aware because it is a part of their guidelines - "In accordance with the principle that nothing is agreed until everything is agreed, individual items cannot be settled separately."
Section 1 Para 2
https://www.consilium.europa.eu/en/p...it-guidelines/

Do you see what that very clearly says?
Unless a deal is agreed, nothing has been agreed.
You can't deal with individual things seperately.
It is in black & white from the EU themselves.
So, since there is no deal currently on the table, the bit you are wittering on about ceases to be of any relevance whatsoever and no laws have been broken.
None.
Which means that it's not Boris who is being an idiot.

Now stop paying so much notice of pro-EU propaganda and pay attention to some facts please.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2020, 04:40 PM

Hi

Wrong again.

The internal markets bill isn't law until it has received Royal assent - it hasn't yet so he hasn't done anything wrong (or the huge majority that voted in favour of it). It doesn't break the law until acted, and lets face it, who would annex part of our union because some unelected cretins demand it in Brussels ? It's disgusting ...

Get your facts right, Swimmy thats twice today you've got it all wrong.

Calling Boris an idiot isn't clever either - your supposed to be the caring left. What happened to your principles ?

As for the renegotiating the WA, Boris did what everyone said was impossible (even you as I recall). He not only got rid of the backstop, he also managed to include clauses to allow UK sovereignty and domestic UK law over-rule the treaty (thank you Sir John Redwood and Sir Bill Cash !!!).

So, a few facts from you might be helpful for a change.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top