Join for free
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2020, 09:40 PM

Re: Everything shut down now

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Just suspended my gym membership for 3 months, hopefully I'll still be alive and getting back to gym after that but who knows what the future holds, could be 6 months could be a year

That's a coincidence, I joined a gym as part of my new year's resolutions and intended going for the first session on Monday only to find that it's been closed for the duration.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2020, 09:42 PM

Does anyone know what the situation is with coach trips. I am booked to go down to Falmouth for a week very soon and today the coach company telephoned to arrange my pick up time (it's a door to door service). I was surprised and asked them why they were not cancelling and they said they were still going. This trip will be all elderly people, some infirm. I was very cross and told them they were irresponsible, but they were not interested, except to ask me if I wanted to cancel. I have not cancelled, but we will not be going. The thought of spending a day on a coach at this point in time doesn't bear contemplating. I suppose if we cancel that absolves them of any responsibility, but I am not going to do that until the very last minute (in case the decision to cancel is made for them). The hotel we are going to is still taking bookings, which I think is disgusting in the circumstances.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2020, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
That's a coincidence, I joined a gym as part of my new year's resolutions and intended going for the first session on Monday only to find that it's been closed for the duration.
What you smiling for, that you got out of it? hahaha

I'm taking more regular walks now. Took a nice walk through Batley Park woods this evening, it was a nice evening albeit cold.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2020, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Does anyone know what the situation is with coach trips. I am booked to go down to Falmouth for a week very soon and today the coach company telephoned to arrange my pick up time (it's a door to door service). I was surprised and asked them why they were not cancelling and they said they were still going. This trip will be all elderly people, some infirm. I was very cross and told them they were irresponsible, but they were not interested, except to ask me if I wanted to cancel. I have not cancelled, but we will not be going. The thought of spending a day on a coach at this point in time doesn't bear contemplating. I suppose if we cancel that absolves them of any responsibility, but I am not going to do that until the very last minute (in case the decision to cancel is made for them). The hotel we are going to is still taking bookings, which I think is disgusting in the circumstances.
They are hoping you cancel so that they don't have to refund your money. Stick it out and let them cancel then they will have to pay your your money back
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2020, 09:50 PM

They are hoping you cancel so that they don't have to refund your money. Stick it out and let them cancel then they will have to pay your your money back
That's exactly what my sister-in-law and I will be doing LQ.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2020, 09:51 PM

The way it is going, I reckon it is just a matter of time before all trips are cancelled.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2020, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
everyone is going to crazy partying and clubbing before they close up.
Do you think so ?
Who would be that stupid ?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2020, 10:07 PM

What you smiling for, that you got out of it? hahaha

I'm taking more regular walks now. Took a nice walk through Batley Park woods this evening, it was a nice evening albeit cold.
You managed to navigate the broken bottles, used condoms, and discarded syringes okay then?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2020, 10:28 PM

You can still get a decent 'Big Mac' with fries and a cup of tea at Maccy D's (had one earlier)......You must eat it sat in the motor though, in the car park....So at least I'll not starve....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2020, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
You managed to navigate the broken bottles, used condoms, and discarded syringes okay then?
Did I forget to clean them up when I left....

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top