Join for free
Page 17 of 23 « First < 7 15 16 17 18 19 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 11:08 PM

Re: Bike ride

Its annoying, to buy a stock item, then have to bodge it.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 08:35 AM

Like watching this guys exploits, and asks the valid question about cyclists using Public Footpaths, not Bridleways.

Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 09:59 AM

One thing I cannot abide with cyclists is that they tear up right beside where you are walking, with no indication at all. No shouting, no bell, its just whizzing right by. Now this is dangerous if I have the dog on an extendable lead, sniffing around doing her thing.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Its annoying, to buy a stock item, then have to bodge it.
It certainly is. I haven't looked into whether there is one with a narrower fitting.

Having had a Zefal handlebar mirror on the previous bike (a Marin), I just had to find a way of fixing one on the Claud Butler.

The handlebars are aluminium and enlarging the hole by twisting the chisel round and round did the job but it took a while. I was a bit worried about damaging the bar but it turned out OK.

It fitted without all that bother on the e-bike's handlebars.

I have seen a cyclist with a mirror fitted to the forks but I think looking down at that might mean diverting the eyes off the road ahead too much.

Edit: Thinking about what I did. It was as much about using a longer screw. I wonder if that might be all that is necessary with your fitting? Because the screw is longer, it means the expander doesn't have to be inside the tube to start with, so making it that you can squeeze the fitting up a bit more in order to insert it. Just have the expander nudging up against the tube so it doesn't turn when tightening the screw.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

14-02-2021, 10:37 AM

Gonna swop the electrics onto the Saracen mart, after that trip on the bumpy stuff under electric power, the none suspension bike nearly disintegrated, the mirror may fit in in that handlebar.
Watched a good EMTB video last night on a trip along the Leeds to Liverpool Canal, he got on in Leeds and exited at Apperley Bridge, not familiar with that part of the country, but it was good to see the Canal and River Aire running parallel.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 11:26 AM

Yes, nice to take a slow ride along a canal towpath taking in the in the views and appreciating the wildlife. We have a canal near us but it's ages since I've walked or cycled on it. Very hard to stay apart from other people there. I miss it quite a bit.

A ride I've always fancied making is one that would take me over the Humber Bridge. Travelling to Withernsea from Doncaster took us near the bridge but the people we stayed with weren't into biking, so I don't think cycling across it was ever on the cards. Something I thought about every time we made the trip though.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 11:32 AM

I live very close to the river lea/lee. Which is also a canal. In the past I had cycled most of it. What I would do, is do a part of it, and return. Next drive to the last turning point. And do the same with the next section. Also got the river Stort that branches off the Lea.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 11:36 AM

River Stort. Not an ideal ride for my Brompton.
Why do my pics appear the wrong way?

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	3E232058-454F-44B3-B7F8-945CF5EDB877.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	14770  
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

14-02-2021, 11:50 AM

I downloaded your picture so I could turn it round and look at it the right way up. The scene looks a lot like the Basingstoke Canal towpath Emjay. Plants left to grow, which the wildlife loves.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

14-02-2021, 03:30 PM

Looks good and quiet Emjay, that is the trouble with canal rides, the Towpath out to the city boundary is well wide and maintained, but, naturally attracts a lot of users, as you get out into the country, less folks to worry about but more mud and potholes.

Page 17 of 23 « First < 7 15 16 17 18 19 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top