Join for free
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 09:58 PM

Butterflies

Haven't seen any so far this Summer, despite having plenty of plants that they like. I have seen just a few Bees but not as many as usual.

Anyone else noticed this?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 10:19 PM

Re: Butterflies

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Haven't seen any so far this Summer, despite having plenty of plants that they like. I have seen just a few Bees but not as many as usual.

Likewise. I got some small bee pics and just a couple butterflies rather transiently in our garden.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 10:21 PM

I haven't seen one butterfly this year I just realised. Oh dear
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 10:29 PM

I was saying the same thing to my neighbour yesterday , there are bees on the ceanothus but nothing like the usual number and not many butterflies or dragon flies in the garden .
I need them to pollinate my beans .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 10:34 PM

I've got plenty of cabbage whites if anyone wants some?

I saw more butterflies very early this year, before that long cold spell, so I wondered if it killed a lot of them as they started to emerge, then it turned cold and wet for so long again.

Lots of big furry bees though.
I am not sure yet, but I have a feeling some might be nesting under the side of my shed.

Last summer I had masonry bees for the first time.
They were always flying about over the side wall of my house near my front door, and I was always a bit nervous about going past them to get to my car, although I read they are usually non-aggressive.
When they'd finally gone, I had someone come and fill in all the little holes in the mortar, so hope they don't start again this summer.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

Yes I have noticed. Seen a couple of Whites but nothing else, not many bees either & my garden is full of wild plants too. The Buddleia isn't out yet & I'm hoping when it is the butterflies & bees will appear.
Ullabi
Ullabi is female 

26-06-2021, 09:23 AM

We had a cold spell in May here too and haven't seen many buterflies either. Lots of tame bees, wild bees and bumble bees though. Does anyone else have an insect hotel in their garden?
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2021, 10:10 AM

I saw two butterflies this year. Far less than any other year

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top