Join for free
Page 12 of 63 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 > Last »
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2014, 05:35 PM

Re: Film - the most recent you have seen?

Very good film indeed Daisymay, such a shame he seems to have lost interest in the proposed follow up.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2014, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Mark - can you 'only' watch the docu on computer - shame if so, i'd love to see it .....
It is out on DVD in the US so will be available here at some time or other. If you know where to go though .

Like I have mentioned in a number of posts - rig your laptop, or computer, to the TV as it opens up a whole new world of entertainment.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2014, 05:46 PM

Thanks, I'll look out for it ....
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2014, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by daisymay ->
Was furkling up and down the channels the other night and came across District 9. Saw this a few years back but worth a second go. Anyone else seen this film? Another little known product of the Blomkamp/Jackson team but still one of the best sci-fi movies ever. This is despite the fact that it starts out feeling like one of those cheapo amateur films made with a hand held video cam, because suddenly you are into the story and it no longer matters.

A few odd facts I discovered when looking this film up. District 9 was actually filmed on a real settlement which was being cleared and the people rehoused, quite literally the 'prawns' were being moved into shacks as the inhabitants were moved out. In those early scenes the conversations between the prawns and Wikus were ad libbed, and 'all' those initial 'prawns' were acted by the one actor.

For all you sci-fi fans who have not seen this film I recommend you do so asap.
Yes, I have seen it and a very good film it was too. The actor who played the main role - Sharlto Copley - played a totally different role alongside Matt Damon in Elysium - another sci-fi - which was rubbish in comparison, but still showed Sharlto Copley's acting prowess. Very good actor if you ask me.
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2014, 07:04 PM

I actually enjoyed Elysium, I read somewhere that Damon was actually third choice for the part but for the life of me cannot recall who the other two were.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2014, 07:52 PM

I love to watch the old British films on utube, I like the pre war ones best, the ones made during the war years always had some kind of message in them and I never liked war pictures to begin with, and then you had Arthur Askey, I could never stand that man. When my late brother and me were kids we used to laugh at the names in the film credits to pass the time until we got to the actual film itself, which felt like years at the time. Anyway I copped something in the opening credits that made me chuckle, the film was "The Browning Version" and it was produced by a chap called "Teddy Baird", seems he did a lot of producing before the war notably "Pygmalion" in 1938. Visions went through my head of him and his family going off on a sunny Sunday afternoon and one neighbour remarking to another "Today's the day the Teddy Bairds have their picnic", don't mind me, silly things go through my head.
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2014, 03:06 AM

Just watched "Paul" which I boxed a while back. Really enjoyed it, there are some really funny digs at American culture, and several references, both visual and verbal to some iconic sci-fi films (made me wonder how much such things had cost). In my humble opinion well worth a couple of hours.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2014, 07:24 AM

Finally got round to watching Saving Mr Banks. Emma Thomson does a great job of portraying a most unsympathetic character.

Hardly recognised Rachel Griffiths as Aunt Emma.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2014, 10:25 AM

Just watched an old - very old - DVD of an Australian SciFi/horror film - "Patrick" with Sir Robert Helpmann and Susan Penhaligon.

Seriously weird !!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2014, 10:34 AM

Watched Tea With Mussolini last night first time I have seen that and loved it !

Page 12 of 63 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top