Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
bret
australia - travelling from west to east?
bret is male 

08-05-2021, 10:01 PM

Re: Home amongst the gum trees!

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
If it takes a few years Bret, then it sounds more like an immigration
scheme, not an evacuation scheme don't you think ??
If they are all passport holders, then what is wrong with testing for the
virus BEFORE flying them home and maybe testing again on arrival ??
The ones in India that test positive must stay there untill they
recover,( or die, only •02% ?) so shouldn't be a problem ??

Donkeyman! 👍🤗👍
that is exactly what they will be doing so everyone is getting their knickers in a twist - this will be very organized and orderly but they are now wanting to avoid hotel quarantine and go for outback facilities which gives them more freedom but no city access.
bret
bret is male 

10-05-2021, 11:57 PM

well oil be jeezus - the high courts have thrown out the challenge for bringin back all those ozzie citizens from India as they demand - they obviously consider that the govt of the day is makin the right decision in the name of health of the nation - well there's a blow for summat?
bret
bret is male 

11-05-2021, 08:08 PM

Wot am I gonna tell grandad?
bret
bret is male 

15-05-2021, 01:48 AM

well here we go agin - my bloody oath - a half full plane arrivin from India with ozzies on it - I bet they must be half relieved to be headin in this direction and not the other - two weeks holiday in the top end free and non gratis and then back home and so here's a little ditty to welome yuz all back

bret
bret is male 

16-05-2021, 03:25 PM

well happy to report that our first half empty plane arrived safely at Darwin airport and the ozzie Indians were transported to their temporary accommodation on the sparkling new army base - and they settled in well into their little cabins! x 14days. Got some athletes coming in next trip but they are paying their own way I understand?
bret
bret is male 

17-05-2021, 03:14 AM

well second plane in with the cricketers and the Indians are still complaining aided and abetted by our inquisitive press~!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2021, 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by bret ->
well happy to report that our first half empty plane arrived safely at Darwin airport and the ozzie Indians were transported to their temporary accommodation on the sparkling new army base - and they settled in well into their little cabins! x 14days. Got some athletes coming in next trip but they are paying their own way I understand?
They are Australian returning residents and to call them anything else is an insult. They have been appallingly treated by Scotty and his cronies, fortunately the backlash from their fellow Australians has forced the government's hand to actually do something rather than looking for someone else to blame.

What makes you think it is free?

Quarantine is about $3000 per person for the fortnight and on top of that is the airfare which even on government sponsored flights is far more than commercial used to charge pre pandemic.

I was reading recently that fares from the UK are $10000 for returning residents on commercial jets.
bret
bret is male 

17-05-2021, 08:06 AM

bulldust - ever heard of dual nationality - I've got one? - when they're coming here its 'aussie' when they're goin there it's Indian and proud of it - good cricketers too! - and by the way I have many Indian friends who would just laugh at this
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2021, 08:20 AM

I wonder.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2021, 10:41 PM

What would Steve Irwin have had made of all of this?

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top