Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2021, 11:18 AM

Re: It's official, Covid is here

Thanks Meg. She's young and otherwise healthy, which hopefully will mitigate things.

We're happy to accommodate her, but have to admit we're a little perplexed by her family. Both her mother and brother had covid recently (within the last 3 months or so) so would imagine that they would be relatively safe, but they told her to go and find somewhere else to stay until she recovered. Naturally my daughter stepped in and we we're fine with hosting her. Not really sure what other choices she (or indeed we) had.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2021, 11:18 AM

Thanks Bathsheba.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2021, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Thanks OGF. At least this weather pretty much necessitates having all the doors and windows open, which should help a bit.

Edit - at least I hadn't got round to booking that hotel in North Wales and have to go through the rigmarole of trying to get deposit back or change dates.
We'll put it on the back burner for now Dex, but it's a great idea...I agree, it's a difficult time to make any arrangements concerning hotel or holiday bookings in this present climate, I've more or less written off the rest of this year...
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2021, 03:03 PM

Be safe Dex!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2021, 05:21 PM

Blimey, sorry to hear it Dex. I hope it all works out ok. I get the feeling we will be hearing this story more and more in the coming weeks.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

22-07-2021, 05:23 PM

Thanks Minx and Longdogs.
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2021, 06:23 PM

When my Son-in-law caught it from his work place vaccines had not been done for his age group.

My daughter caught it as well, she is a carer now having to give up hairdressing so she was having weekly covid tests and so she found out she had it before she had any symptoms. She could have caught it whilst working.
She is used to cleaning up stuff so her house was blitzed and they had separate rooms. He could use the bathroom also as they only have one.

She had not been vaccinated at that time either..

You've been vaccinated the pair of you, still need to be careful..well you know that...very unselfish, speaking as myself could not have taken that responsibility.
Wish you all the best of wishes,
Dianne
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

22-07-2021, 08:10 PM

Thanks Di
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2021, 08:17 PM

sorry to hear Dexy, hope the poor girl gets well and quickly, it's a worrying time.

My boss has tested positive and was doing alright until last night when she had to call an ambulance as she couldn't breathe.. Unfortunately she hasn't had any jabs as she is trying for a baby and was scared to have it in case it affected her chances of becoming pregnant as there was talk about it a few months ago.

For some reason this past few weeks I have known so many people catching it, my own niece and her two children luckily they are all on the mend now and my niece was jabbed up twice. Last year i didnt actually know anyone personally who had it only friends of friends and families, it's rife right now

It's so good of you to help out, good luck and be safe all of you xxx
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

22-07-2021, 11:00 PM

Thanks LQ

Bit of a development. Won't go into the gory details, but she had some other symptoms which weren't anywhere on the covid list. Phoned 111 and this ended up with her having to go back to hospital for several hours for further tests. Not sure what was diagnosed (no point trying to get any sense out of her in her befuddled state of mind), but they've given her some additional meds to treat the additional curveball.

Back with us now. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for her!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top