Join for free
Page 15 of 16 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2021, 10:00 PM

Re: Music concerts that you’ve attended

Originally Posted by Minx ->
Now that’s something I would attend.

On my bucket list is a Andre Rieu concert under the stars

Absolutely the best thing since sliced bread. I never tire of watching him and his amazing orchestra. He is funny too.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2021, 10:11 PM

Not been to many but have seen

The Police (as mentioned)
UB40
Cher (farewell tour)
The Shadows
The Blues Brothers
The Gypsy Kings
Strawberry Switchblade (anyone remember them?)
Jose Carreras (open air in Bath)
Aida (in the open air arena in Verona)
Squeeze
The Opposition.
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 01:56 PM

Was at this as well

Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 02:22 PM

Tom Jones. I wasn't keen on him but a friend asked me to go with her so I agreed. I came outbofvthat show a convert, he was a true showman. Excellent.

Il Divo another excellent show

Hugh Jackman 'swoon' another true showman, he blew me away

Westfield, were good but I wasn't blown away

My biggest regret in life is not going to see freddie mercury, he was in my eyes the best ever showman.

I really would like to see Elton John, his tickets are very expensive, but I really want to go see him.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 02:36 PM

I've just remembered another 2.

When I worked at Goodyear in Wolverhampton, every Christmas, the company throw a company-wide staff party at the Civic and Wulfrun Halls in Wolverhampton. The only one I went to before they stopped doing it, featured Burt Weedon and Chicory Tip (Land Of My Father) as his supporting act.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 02:39 PM

I've just remembered another too, Shirley Bassey. World class
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Tom Jones. I wasn't keen on him but a friend asked me to go with her so I agreed. I came outbofvthat show a convert, he was a true showman. Excellent.

Il Divo another excellent show

Hugh Jackman 'swoon' another true showman, he blew me away

Westfield, were good but I wasn't blown away

My biggest regret in life is not going to see freddie mercury, he was in my eyes the best ever showman.

I really would like to see Elton John, his tickets are very expensive, but I really want to go see him.
Oh how lovely LQ
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I've just remembered another 2.

When I worked at Goodyear in Wolverhampton, every Christmas, the company throw a company-wide staff party at the Civic and Wulfrun Halls in Wolverhampton. The only one I went to before they stopped doing it, featured Burt Weedon and Chicory Tip (Land Of My Father) as his supporting act.
That must have been an awesome experience’
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

24-07-2021, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I've just remembered another too, Shirley Bassey. World class
I would have enjoyed seeing her LQ.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 08:49 PM

Best concert I've been to was with Toto in 2019. My friend is Steve Lukathers guitar tech and invited me to hang out with them for a couple of days when they were in Chelsea at their 40 Trips Around the Sun opening tour.

Got to hang with my guitar idol and one of my favourite ever bands. Watched the whole thing in the wings of the stage, then got hing out with them in the green room then bak at the hotel bar. Funnily enough Bernie Marsden came over and had a natter with him and Justin Hawkins (of The Darkness fame) who were supporting Toto at the time.

Page 15 of 16 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top