Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 11:32 AM

It’s vaccine time baby… Part 2

So, the vaccination saga continued in a very cold SA…

I finally got the jab! so let the Zombie Apocalypse begin!

It didn’t go by uneventfully though, I was in the queue for 2 hours and this youngish guy just sauntered up to the front of the queue and cut into the queue.

Well, he didn’t expect that there’d be a little spitfire behind him.
I told him politely yet firmly that he’s inconsiderate and rude. He had the audacity to say his time is precious

The only people I’d allow in front of me are the elderly or disabled/pregnant but this was not appropriate.

Does this happen overseas at all or is it just SA
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 11:36 AM

Re: It’s vaccine time baby… Part 2

Dunno Minx. Round my neck of the woods there doesn't appear to be any queuing of the order of magnitude that you had.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 11:36 AM

Minx, You had to queue for two hours? I was in and out. The only waiting was after the vaccination where we had to sit for 15 minutes in the event you suffered a reaction to the vaccine.

It was organised to perfection.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
[IMG].

I told him politely yet firmly that he’s inconsiderate and rude. He had the audacity to say his time is precious

The only people I’d allow in front of me are the elderly or disabled/pregnant but this was not appropriate.

Both my vaccinations were by appointment and I was seen on time, at the second one the I had hardly filled in the form when the nurse collected me.

As I recall at the first one the 15 minute wait afterwards was longer then the wait before and I arrived early because I knew there was a form that had to be filled out.

It was all very efficient (which is more than can be said about the vaccine roll out as a whole)
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Dunno Minx. Round my neck of the woods there doesn't appear to be any queuing of the order of magnitude that you had.
Ah - the joys of a first world country!
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

26-07-2021, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Minx, You had to queue for two hours? I was in and out. The only waiting was after the vaccination where we had to sit for 15 minutes in the event you suffered a reaction to the vaccine.

It was organised to perfection.
Actually Artangel- I was in the queue at 07:50am and finished at 11:30am - and, they ran out of vaccines AGAIN!

What £&@: planning is that!
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

26-07-2021, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Both my vaccinations were by appointment and I was seen on time, at the second one the I had hardly filled in the form when the nurse collected me.

As I recall at the first one the 15 minute wait afterwards was longer then the wait before and I arrived early because I knew there was a form that had to be filled out.

It was all very efficient (which is more than can be said about the vaccine roll out as a whole)
That’s the problem Bruce- awful planning since they take walk-in’s as well then you get those inconsiderate individuals who cut the queue!

But then again, this is Africa…
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 12:23 PM

So, the vaccination saga continued in a very cold SA…

I finally got the jab! so let the Zombie Apocalypse begin!

It didn’t go by uneventfully though, I was in the queue for 2 hours and this youngish guy just sauntered up to the front of the queue and cut into the queue.

We, Son, Daughter & I, went to our surgery after being sent an appointment here & were vaccinated straight away.
We do have call in places & queues, but as I didn't have to do that & it was for the younger people, under 40's, I have no idea how long they have to wait.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 12:28 PM

That’s the problem Bruce- awful planning since they take walk-in’s as well then you get those inconsiderate individuals who cut the queue!

But then again, this is Africa…
I understand that all the"important" people have been vaccinated
first Minxy??
Over here it was the reverse, the "important" people were/are being
done last?? I suppose on the grounds that if the peasants fall
down dead with vaccine poisening, then the "important" people
will still be here to save the nation ??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I understand that all the"important" people have been vaccinated
first Minxy??
Over here it was the reverse, the "important" people were/are being
done last?? I suppose on the grounds that if the peasants fall
down dead with vaccine poisening, then the "important" people
will still be here to save the nation ??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
I think you're just a tad wrong there Donks. If memory serves, most of our "important" people were getting their jabs as and when they were being given their appointments. There was no hanging around waiting to make sure none of the peasants dropped down dead with vaccine poisoning.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top