Join for free
Page 15 of 21 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 > Last »
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2021, 11:28 AM

Re: Please use the 'Temporary Chat Section' for now

Originally Posted by Azz ->
You should still be able to send PMs but they won't be copied to the new software Mups..

I am not sure - but at least a day. Everything has to be imported to a new version of this software first, then after that I have to import whatever is importable into the new software (which is not related to this software at all)...
I haven't been keeping up with this thread so you may have already answered this

If you have to import everything into a new version of this software anyway why not just use that?
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2021, 11:57 AM

No offence to Azz, and we are merely guests on his creation.

Am just a bit concerned that the simplicity of navigating this wayward and cluttered place (including it's no doubt weaknesses) which largely adds to its charm, might be lost albeit with the best of intentions.

I've tried other fora which use different software, but never taken to them largely due to them not being this simplistic php format. Couldn't get my head around them, and wasn't inclined to make the effort TBH.

But, as said, this is Azz's house. He pays the mortgage and gets to decide on structural changes/extensions, decoration and furniture. We'll (have to) go with the flow.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2021, 12:02 PM

Azz, I don't think any of our members are stupid, but we may be a bit slow on technical things!

I am sure that Meg & Mags will know enough to help us with lots of things, but I do hope you will be around more at the start of this !

Like any new thing, some will learn faster than others, but the people here have always been good at helping other members so we should be ok.

Probably none of us like change, but I hope that you can show us that change is good sometimes.
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2021, 01:17 PM

I think they know what they are doing, certain they want all people to be happy with the updated forum.

....So being very optimistic myself....it will be for for the best..100%..........imagination wise

Sure some people will get lost in the...MAZE ..

what I mean is '' the walk in the park''' first steps and all that.....
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2021, 01:53 PM

This all sounds a little ominous.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2021, 02:10 PM

Hmm!..I've just spent ages installing a new smart TV to the Tivo box in My living Room ...I just hope navigating the new OFF won't be as complicated
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2021, 04:01 PM

Thanks for the update Azz. I'm sure we'll cope with the changes.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2021, 04:59 PM

Apologies if I've missed anyone's post/question

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I haven't been keeping up with this thread so you may have already answered this

If you have to import everything into a new version of this software anyway why not just use that?
Because it's not very good Bruce (Have a look here: forum.vbulletin.com)

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Azz, Please don't take our Scottish Club Section away, that's the one that I look forward too, chatting to other Scots.
Do you mean this one Roxy? https://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=21196

If so, fear not, because we'll be able to move any thread out of the archive and onto the public forum so long as it meets some criteria (such as being a thread where attachments weren't posted or a thread about videos - because attachments haven't been carried through and the old video code doesn't work on the new forum).

In cases where we can't move the thread out of the archive... we can simply start a new one

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
I'm so glad this changeover is happening during the Olympics. I've been able to waste so much more time watching telly than watching my computer screen. Don't rush it Azz, there's still a few days of Athletics to go.
Ok EZR I'll try not to rush

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Probably none of us like change, but I hope that you can show us that change is good sometimes.
I'm sure you'll all be fine If you've been using this forum (which isn't very intuitive at all really) the new one will be easy enough I am sure - it might take some time to get used to but then you'll wonder why we didn't do it sooner!

Here's some things it can do that this one can't:

- Automatically embed videos or photos into the post if their link/URL is on a separate line
- Do the same as above with links to BBC news stories, Tweets, etc
- Drag photos into the reply box for them to upload!
- @mention people - and they get notified they were mentioned!
- Get a notification if your thread is moved or edited and also be shown what was edited (so the before and after state)
- Get weekly digest emails if you haven't been online in a while
- Reply to threads by email

...and lots more

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
...but I do hope you will be around more at the start of this !
I will be
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2021, 05:02 PM

Excellent .....
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2021, 05:02 PM

Fair enough Azz. In the meantime:

Page 15 of 21 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top