Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 10:09 PM

Sussex's again...

(I'm lost for words )

If you've not read it today - briefly:

THE DUKE of Sussex has hit back at an anti-monarchy group for reporting him to the Charity Commission.
They alleged there has been an “inappropriate” use of charity funds, conflicts of interest, and a lack of independence in breach of rules.

Republic’s chief executive Graham Smith wrote to the Charity Commission to make a complaint.

He wrote: “The Royal Foundation gave a grant of £145,000 to Sussex Royal and £144,901 to a non-charitable organisation (Travalyst). The Sussex Royal charity has since decided to close, and it is reported that they will transfer all their funds to Travalyst. This appears to be a personal decision by a trustee (the Duke of Sussex) to fund another of his projects, rather than to ensure the funds are being used for the original purposes for which they were donated.”

Prince Harry said he found the allegations made by Republic “deeply offensive”. The legal team said the complaint against his charitable foundations is “deeply offensive” and “salaciously created”.

What???
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 10:16 PM

Re: Sussex's again...

Yes, I think they were the divided funds from the charity that the two Princes and wives were championing, I cant remember which it was. (must have been the Royal Foundation)

Prince WiIliam and Kate have placed the amount they received towards the purpose it was given.

The other two, are just being plain jerks. Making themselves look fools. It's about time somone paid a visit to Harry and told him how things work. They are probably being given advice from some US lawyer, who clearly hasn;t got a clue, although it would seem they haven't either.

...... and SHE wants to be a politician. Quite amazing !
OldFogey
NW UK
OldFogey is male  OldFogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2020, 07:18 AM

Poor Harry Hewitt.

He always was an outsider (by parentage); now the "monarchists" all have it in for him as well.

He and his wife are better off out of the royal madness, though.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2020, 07:25 AM

I can't believe he considers transferring charitable funds for whatever reason to be ok especially as those funds were then not to be used for the original purpose....what planet does he live on?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2020, 08:44 AM

Certainly needs checking, it wouldn't be right if you were misusing your charity funds for any purpose, so he should welcome the investigation if there has been nothing untoward happening.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2020, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Certainly needs checking, it wouldn't be right if you were misusing your charity funds for any purpose, so he should welcome the investigation if there has been nothing untoward happening.
Exactly, these claims must be investigated first before they are deemed guilty
marciniak
wales uk
marciniak is male  marciniak has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2020, 10:20 AM

I don't know much about this.... but I would be very much surprised if what they had done were Illegal.

What I assume is donations were given for a specific cause/charity, then theres a falling out... so Harry and Meghan demand half, as they were equal partners.

So they are given half, which harry donates to another cause/charity which he is also the head of.

If that is right... And Travelyst were the benefactors..To me, that would be disgusting....As, and how could such hypocrites, on saving the Planet by consideration when travelling, Are the Figure Heads is a joke.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2020, 11:04 AM

As a Sussex resident I deeply resent that he was given the title The Duke Of Sussex because he has brought the county's name into disrepute Oh yes and dont start me off about her!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2020, 11:16 AM

I certainly don't know much about this, but one would assume that if donations were given to a particular charity, then regardless of the case of ''what's yours is yours and what's mine is mine''. money donated should have stayed exactly where it was intended for and not divided as it was.
If people had wished to donate to Harry's alternative chosen charity, they would have done so, but they didn't! I think it was highly inappropriate for him to have taken half of those donations. Selfish petulant moron.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2020, 11:43 AM

These two, Markle & H, are fast becoming great entertainment value, in these dark depressing days. A super double act, guaranteed to come up with fresh material to keep us all laughing. A fitting replacement to the much loved Krankies!!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top