Join for free
Page 3 of 51 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2020, 03:14 PM

Re: Extinction the facts

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I do agree with you muddy.

Foxy and Vlad, much as I luvs ya, we'll have to beg to differ on this one.
I can only take so much extinction Mups, my ears are falling off. Like Brexit and Covid you can have too much
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2020, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
I can only take so much extinction Mups, my ears are falling off. Like Brexit and Covid you can have too much

Well go and sit down and I'll put me mask on and bring you a cuppa.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2020, 06:13 PM

I have met so many DA’s in my life, generally in pubs, sad old men that endlessly repeat their one topic, ....etc etc .

David Attenborough doesn’t have time to hang around pubs weeping into his beer so I doubt very much you have many like him.
There just aren’t many like him .
He needs to repeat himself with a sense of urgency ( he knows his years are short now because people are still too thick to get it
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2020, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
David Attenborough doesn’t have time to hang around pubs weeping into his beer so I doubt very much you have many like him.
There just aren’t many like him .
He needs to repeat himself with a sense of urgency ( he knows his years are short now because people are still too thick to get it
How sad ..never mind...and thank god there aren’t many more like him...one boring fart is enough for one planet.
Mind you he will be extinct shortly.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2020, 06:49 PM

Boring people are often bored by serious subjects .
They prefer la la land .
It’s our children and grandchildren who will miss out .
What a fine world we are leaving them .
Vlad
West Midlands UK

15-09-2020, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Boring people are often bored by serious subjects .
They prefer la la land .
It’s our children and grandchildren who will miss out .
What a fine world we are leaving them .
You don’t really know me so I will forgive your ignorance..
Attenborough lost the plot in early 2000s when he converted to The Church of Global Warming and now Extinction, like me the animals of the world will rejoice when he becomes extinct, no longer able to bore me or invade the habitat of the creatures, who could do with a break too

Just a little aside on your comment about our children etc..the largest consumer group for throw away electronics, fast foods and clothing... etc. But how wonderful to make such sweeping statements without having to burden oneself with troublesome research or factual accuracy.
Vlad
West Midlands UK

15-09-2020, 07:40 PM

Being a boring old fart and unlike some I have just done some research..and found this
Renowned naturalist David Attenborough sat down with BBC Newsnight for a wide-ranging interview about the environment and how the planet cannot accommodate the "alarming rate" of human overpopulation.

"One of the reasons that the population has increased as fast as it has is that people like me are living longer than we did," Attenborough explained. "And so there are more and more people just because the expectancy of life has increased."

Even now, with the world's current population of 7.6 billion, humanity uses up Earth's natural resources 1.7 times faster than the planet's ecosystems can regenerate, according to the Global Footprint Network. This ecological debt is poised to increase as the world population is expected to reach 8.5 billion by 2030, 9.7 billion in 2050 and 11.2 billion in 2100, the United Nations projected.

As Attenborough noted, "In the long run, population growth has to come to an end" .
David! instead of whining and moaning, do something..like Poping your clogs..every death helps mate !
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2020, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
You have a very limited view on the size of this planet Annie. I can understand why, when we can talk to people at the other side of the world in real time. News programmes and documentaries, not to mention the internet can make this planet seem a very small world. But far from it Annie, you can fly over the oceans, forests and mountains and never see another human, or something humans have built, for days on end. We are actually ;A fly, on a fly's back, on the dog!
Not at all. Birds and bees regularly migrate to other parts of the world. Sealife lives in one body of water. Maybe it seems big to you but it belongs to them and we have invaded and polluted it almost beyond repair. Man has infiltrated every eco system and for all those who try to save these fragile systems there's a whole load of non-believers who are blind to what's happening around us.

The fact is that the eco balance of this planet is changing and we do have a part in why.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2020, 09:40 PM

Extinction is far more significant than Covid and Brexit so just focus on that.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

15-09-2020, 10:18 PM

You don’t really know me so I will forgive your ignorance..
Attenborough lost the plot in early 2000s when he converted to The Church of Global Warming and now Extinction, like me the animals of the world will rejoice when he becomes extinct, no longer able to bore me or invade the habitat of the creatures, who could do with a break too

Just a little aside on your comment about our children etc..the largest consumer group for throw away electronics, fast foods and clothing... etc. But how wonderful to make such sweeping statements without having to burden oneself with troublesome research or factual accuracy.
Its a well known fact that people who indulge in name calling have a weak argument . You lost this one in your first sentence .
I don't know you and I don’t know that I want to know you .
Someone who compares David Attenborough to old soaks in a pub ( THAT - is a sweeping statement ) is not really someone who would spark my interest .
In fact everything you have written here has betrayed your own astounding ignorance and lack of knowledge.
Perhaps written for effect who knows but believe me no intelligent person will be impressed .
So go stick your head back in the sand and keep talking from the orifice that is above ground .
Have a good evening

Page 3 of 51 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top