Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2021, 11:06 AM

Re: Motorcycle Time

Moved the Bike into the garage, looks like the engine beautification can be done in situ, going to paint the side panels this weekend then I'll set them against the tank to show the colour difference.

Fit an original headlamp at the same time.

Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2021, 03:35 PM

Nice if you can do it in situ Spitty, particularly if that's all it needs.

BTW what's the prop and engine on the right hand side of your second picture?
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2021, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Moved the Bike into the garage, looks like the engine beautification can be done in situ, going to paint the side panels this weekend then I'll set them against the tank to show the colour difference.

Fit an original headlamp at the same time.

Looks like a micro light on the floor Spitty ??

D man 😀😀😀
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2021, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Nice if you can do it in situ Spitty, particularly if that's all it needs.

BTW what's the prop and engine on the right hand side of your second picture?
The engine is a 62cc Zenoah, the plane is a 1/3 scale Cap 231. It should really be running an 100cc motor, can you see in the photo, the amount of lead above the firewall to achieve the C of G, with the heavier engine, this could be dispensed with.

Was going to get some Candy Red paint on the Honda side panels this weekend, but, I've found out this has to be applied to a silver basecoat so, I hope this arrives on time.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

15-04-2021, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Looks like a micro light on the floor Spitty ??

D man 😀😀😀
D Man

Not much flying been done this last year or so, all the clubs have been shut although it one of the safest pastimes not to pass on viruses, electric Park Flyers are all that could be used to keep the Sons thumbs moving.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2021, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Bratti, haven't you got the Suzy and the kawa round the wrong way ??
Or are the bikes different in USA??

Donkeyman! 👍🤔👍
Absolutely not. Had the Suzuki for about 4 years and the Ninja for about 7 or 8. Of course I didn’t mix them up.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2021, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
D Man

Not much flying been done this last year or so, all the clubs have been shut although it one of the safest pastimes not to pass on viruses, electric Park Flyers are all that could be used to keep the Sons thumbs moving.
Jesus! You could drive a chain saw with that??
Keep your fingers out the way, never mind your thumbs. !!

D. Man!!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

15-04-2021, 07:11 PM

Seen a few accidents DM.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

16-04-2021, 06:30 AM

Got to do a bit of cleaning up round the headstock then whack this original item back on.

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

17-04-2021, 06:55 AM

Stuck the headlight back in place, first thing I noticed, the bullet connectors on the low beam bulb were uninsulated and shorting against each other so, I have had to heat shrink both sets of tails, also, 2 5X8M panhead screws were missing that hold the bezel to the casing, £1.21 ea from Honda, no probs there but post and package £3.50 so £6.00 for two small screws is a bit silly.

The screws go through the headlamp case and into the flanges one of which is the the right of the wire in the photo.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top