Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2021, 08:27 AM

Re: Eggs

Fish eggs or roe ... can be very nice, lots of thing done to it like made into a paste. And or smoked.

Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2021, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Fish eggs or roe ... can be very nice, lots of thing done to it like made into a paste. And or smoked.
I think I'll just stick to my Golden Virginia.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2021, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I have eaten duck eggs - and goose eggs. Goose eggs are great for baking.
That’s lovely ST I’ve never tried any other type of eggs
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2021, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Easter eggs
funny lady!
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

08-05-2021, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I used to keep a lot of birds so depending on the season, I had the little Bantam eggs, larger Chicken eggs, Duck eggs, Goose eggs, Guinea fowl eggs, Peahen eggs - and even Budgie and Cocktail eggs.
I mostly only ate the hens eggs though.

My Mum used to have most of the Goose eggs for blowing, then she used to then decorate them like the Faberge eggs.
Most of the other types were either used for hatching or sold as fertile hatching eggs.

Mum also had several tortoises for many years, and they used to mate and lay little eggs too.
That’s so interesting Mups
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

08-05-2021, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Or ... instead of boiling, scrambling or frying them you could incubate one like this lady did and get yourself a pet duck.

I kid you not ... tis true. Bought from Morrisons supermarket.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/u...753.1483114724

That’s so adorable!
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

08-05-2021, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
I've had Emu egg. Only once as a treat. much the same taste as a hen's egg but much more rich in flavour. One Emu egg equals about 8 hen's eggs so it's quite a meal. They are also very expensive. $30 each about.. As I said..a treat.
Sounds similar to Ostrich eggs Keezoy! I’ve never tried them though...
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

08-05-2021, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I used to have ducks and geese for two reasons, the former eat slugs and snails like they are going out of fashion and I love duck and geese eggs (not to mention the meat).

To be honest I haven't had them for ages, but at the time I also made Balut for some Filo friends of mine though personally it is not something I would eat, very much an acquired taste.
I’ve never tried Duck or Goose meat
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

08-05-2021, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
I once bought something called a McDonald's Bacon and Egg McMuffin. God knows what sort of eggs they put in those.
I wonder if it qualifies as an egg Harbal. To be honest, I’ve never opened the Mcdonalds muffin to check but I’ll definitely do it next time. Mcdonalds’s isn’t one of my favourite takeaways. Most of their stuff tastes like cardboard!
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

08-05-2021, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by d00d ->

I’ve tried fish roe. Very tasty made with Indian spices. Its grainy in the mouth but I like it.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top